• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Keepin it real since 1984
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a sohc Y7 in my crx si, turbo'd. i had a centeforce stage II and then i swapped it out with a centerforce duelfriction.... i've been beating the shit out of it for a good year and a half now and its starting to slip A Lot. i race it about every other day so i need something that will hold up... i've been looking for a 6puck (SPRUNG)... clutchnet.com, clutchmasters, or maybe and act (but they're kinda price-e for me)... any one have any ideas or coments?

oh, i forgot to post it up, but i'm putting down 168hp and 163tq right now and am planning on a few things that'll get me right around the 200 mark...

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
If it's a daily driven vehicle and you have to drive in traffic, then I would suggest staying away from a puck clutch....I've never driven one myself, but know a few people with them (various vehicles) and puck clutches are not particularly street friendly. I myself am looking at clutches and hope to get one that will hold well above 200 hp, but will have to be a full face organic disk, just for drivability. But that's my thoughts on it...take it or leave it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i just ordered my clutch today for my turbo setup. its a Centerforce stage 2. not a puck style, its still a disk and will support 60% more power. so thats like around 200+, i should be below that so im not worried. i picked it up new for $202 shipped, but i got a discount on it

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
why isnt exedy on that list? lol...anyways, i agree with everyone here so far and say go full organic! yeeesss...no need for a puck, disc is fine...stage 2 is good, stage 1 works fine too...all depends what kind of feel you want...im running a full organic street disc with heavy duty pressure plate very smooth...i think im going to change it tho...but yeah back to topic...DISC, FULL ORGANIC, HEAVY DUTY P.PLATE nuff said...lol

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see i had the stage 2 centerforce and then swapped it out for the duel friction on and it slipping now (a year and a 1/2 later) i looked into the excedy route, but i'm no sure... i'm hoping to be putting down right around 200 at the wheels pertty soon, but not untill i get a new clutch. as far as a DD, i have a 97 civic hx that i'm going to be driving daily now. im gonna bring out the rex on my days off for some fun... if you know what i mean! :fruit:

i want something more race-ish... i called up clutchnet.com and them have a 6puck (sprung) kit for $345 shipped to my door, it's said to hold 300-390hp.

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryan89crx said:
how did you like the stage 2 centerforce while you had it?
it wasn't bad at all. i like centerforce because of the soft clutch pedal. they are pretty good clutches, but they wear out fast.

K

·
0 Posts
I went with Competition Clutch for my new setup. The company is owned by a former ClutchMasters employee. Their clutches are damn near identical to ClutchMasters and they are a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
ACT! I have always used theirs and never had a problem along w/ all my other buddies that use them..

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
i have the clutch(masters)faggots 6 puck unsprung, not bad daily driven at all.
ps i hate clutch masters they send me a bend disc and said there was no way that could have happened.
i would go for the clutchnet i have put 2 of their organics in my freinds cars and they are hold up great:beer:

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess a year and a 1/2 isn't really that bad if you really think about it...

i wish i had the money to change it with this paycheck, but i cant, i have to make my house payment, my insurance, and pay my dad the $400 i got from him to ghet my new apt here in chicago.... it's all good. i'm leaning more towards the clutchnet. i had a few buddys down south running them and really like them, plus NastyHabitzCRX saying that he's installed a few and they aren't to shabby. that helps me towards my choice a little bit. unless act starts making a sprung 6puck for around $350 shipped then i may go that route ;-)

NastyHabitzCRX said:
i would go for the clutchnet i have put 2 of their organics in my freinds cars and they are hold up great:beer:

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
if you have a friend with a presicion lathe have them spin it up on it to make sure it aint bent. my 6 puck wasnt easy to see, but on the lathe it was obvious. :beer:

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NastyHabitzCRX said:
if you have a friend with a presicion lathe have them spin it up on it to make sure it aint bent. my 6 puck wasnt easy to see, but on the lathe it was obvious. :beer:
the 6puck from clutchnet? or just one from clutchmasters?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
whitey_4g said:
the 6puck from clutchnet? or just one from clutchmasters?
the clutch faggots err masters:beer:

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
brought back from the dead....
well i orered a clutchnet 6puck.. i haven't installed it yet, but it looks good an d meaty! plus i got it for $255 shipped~ PP, Disc, TOB, A.tool, and Piolet bearing... i cant spell, so no joke or...... IlL kIlL yOu!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts