Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI! i know bad ecu and sometimes bad main relay would cause a solid cel.

what other things would cause a solid cel?

car is a EF 89. with B18C1 swap.

still need to wire up Vtec soneloide and lambda but i did a new basemap just for first start up, it start good, just solid cel and using crome PRO doesnt shows any CEL. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Have you even tried to.pull. code?
Lots of things can cause the ecu to.be on solid, bad jumper harness, bad ecu soldering, bad chip, etc,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECu and harness is good because i used mine, works good in my personal car (EF 90).

I installed even a PM6 stock ecu just for to see if it pulls any code but nothing happens.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Maybe the cluster is bad or the CEL wire is grounding out. If the bulb is getting power/ground from an external source (short), it will light up regardless but not interfere with the engine/ecu.

Unplug the ecu, turn on the ignition. CEL should not illuminate with ECU unplugged. Check for voltage on the CEL output wire (A13) with it unplugged & key on, and continuity to ground with key off.

You could get crazy and depin that wire from the ECU harness to see if it stays lit, then from the cluster connector if it did stay lit. A noid light hooked up correctly (can't recall if it sends +12v or GND) would tell you what's up after you break that connection.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
OBD0 or OBDI ECU?

OBD0 has 18 possible causes for a CEL and OBDI has 23.

Any issue related to either of those codes can trigger a steady CEL.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
OBD0 or OBDI ECU?

OBD0 has 18 possible causes for a CEL and OBDI has 23.

Any issue related to either of those codes can trigger a steady CEL.
Good point.

I just saw the mention of Crome Pro, so I would ASSume OBD1.

If that is the case, ignore my previous post as OBD1 ECUs don't have the light in them like OBD0 ECUs do.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
On the obd1 side. The cel gets it power from the cluster. It gets ground from Ecu via a13 and d4. A13 comes from cluster to Ecu and d4 goes from Ecu to the service connector.

Make sure the chip is pushed in all the way.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Good point.

I just saw the mention of Crome Pro, so I would ASSume OBD1.

If that is the case, ignore my previous post as OBD1 ECUs don't have the light in them like OBD0 ECUs do.
If it's OBD0, yes, steady CEL on the dash and flashing red LED on the ECU.

If it is OBDI, steady CEL on the dash until the diagnostic wires are connected and then it will flash the CEL on the dash.

I didn't catch the Chrome PRO mentioned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for replies!

this is what i did.

use stock obd0 harness and adapted to B18C1 OBD1. swap included a ecu that its supposed that worked with the swap, so i used it and get solid cel. then i used my personal ecu with harness OBD0-1 that works perfectly and samething happens.

Just i need to wire up the vtec soneloid and o2 4 wire sensor but i disabled on crome pro but still solid cel. so i decided to remove harness and use pm6 stock ecu of the car but nothing happnes, only get 1 flash when you key on only.

So i checked if basemap crome pro works just enabling vtec soneloid and then this is what i got.

21: Vtec Soneloid
24 : Unknown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts