Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODS,

I am requesting a sticky to ensure that when individuals request assistance with their vehicles, they MUST include pertinent information about their issues.

1. Year, make, model
2. Engine displacement, type of head and block
3. Injector sizing
4. Which OBD is being used
5. Anything else which may be deemed as important by anyone other than the OP.
6. When problem occurred, what the symptoms are and what has changed in reference to driveability and/or noises.

Too many times, we get the old " hey, my car is bucking....or noisy....or sounds funny....or I put a z6 manifold on my car......I put a y8 manifold on my car.....

I am usually one of the first to send out the olive branch, hand one back and let us know what we are dealing with. We smell b.s. from a mile away, so be straight forward, and if you screwed up...it's all good. THATS HOW WE LEARNED WHAT WE KNOW. Well, that and books. All I ask is that you be forthcoming with information, saves you and I some time.

Cheers,

Thanks in advance to mods and OPs

·
Registered
476 Posts
Even if it were stickied it wouldn't make any difference.

People who have problems don't create accounts and go looking for the "rules". They don't even search for troubleshooting ideas or similar problems.
They create threads:
HELP My car won't start what could it be? :
I have a oil leak, where is it coming from? :
Tighty whities or boxers, what should I do?

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts
This sounds like a great idea. Especially to spread more knowledge. But it could be bad if you live in/near car theiving towns/cities.

Nub is right though, a lot of people skip google and come here to ask simple questions from the enthusiasts so they get a fast accurate answer. Which is understandable, but gets annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts