Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
sohc-gT said:
did you get rid of the greddy elbow? how did you do that? that is the biggest restriction in a greddy turbo kit. also if you did get rid of the elbow, did you keep your a/c?
had to get a peice custom made. And yes it really does open up the system. but its not that hard. Just take the gasket lay it on some 1/4 inch metal and trace. Make your part then mate it up to your exhaust.

I even have a picture. I tried to get some made for others for $40 a peice but no takers. But yeah you could do it yourself. Here it is welded to a 3 inch pipe. And no you cannot do this and keep your ac. You would have to get some sort of manifold that mounts the turbod over to the side I guess.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
TDO4H-15G will run outta air way before 300whp.
Nice work on that custom downpipe, but even with all mods i call 220-230whp maxing up the turbo at 14-15psi. The 8.1 compression will also hold you back alittle.
Good stuff with the build, best of luck.

i made 195 @ 12 psi with a greddy turbo and dsm sidemount, running open down pipe. with the front mount on (never made it to the dyno) i could spin tire to 90 mph if i didn't drive around it. in a couple months i hope to make 300 whp @ 15 psi with a "greddy" manifold and "greddy" turbo useing the greddy elbow still.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
FMYStreetRacer said:
i made 195 @ 12 psi with a greddy turbo and dsm sidemount, running open down pipe. with the front mount on (never made it to the dyno) i could spin tire to 90 mph if i didn't drive around it. in a couple months i hope to make 300 whp @ 15 psi with a "greddy" manifold and "greddy" turbo useing the greddy elbow still.
Sorry bro, never gonna happen.
You think switching from a sidemount intercooler to a front mount and an extra 3psi will equal another 105whp? I dont. :hammer:

yeah, I dont think thats possible either. With 15psi on a 14G greddy turbo I believe around 250-270 is possible...unless with a single cam that is fully built...But good luck and prove us wrong. Im going by my buddy who has a fully built stock sleeve single/with greddy kit put down around 220WHP at 10psi pump gas...At 15psi and race gas, im sure that thing could hit close to 300HP...but Im sure there are others who has reached near if not over 300....Greddy kit is a good kit to begin with, I had one for 5 years, but once you want to put out around 300HP its time to get a bigger turbo.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
yeah you really need to replace that elbow part to open up the turbo. That then the throttle body are probably your most restrictive parts.

Probably make more power at 8 lbs with the elbow removed then 12 with it on. Yeah blanket statement with no proof but I would be willing to bet a couple bucks on it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.