Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi d-series guys!! im quite new on this web, and still newbie about all this d-series engine! I'm quite familiar with B series engine, but nowadays im quite interested in building d series motor by looking on the hondatech site! I'm from NZ btw. anyways... I've got JDM EG4 D15B VTEC (RHD!!!), but not satisfied with the stock engine! So far i've got Apex'i short ram intake, spoon header, JDM ITR 98 spec exhaust with HKS titanium muffler, and B&M FPR.
What can i do with my d15b to get more torque? Should i buy another engine like D16Y8? or d16z6?? What i want to achieve is more torque with OEM parts on the block,(cos of the budget) and maybe an aftermarket parts for the head will do enough for me, but I still want to be a B-series SHOCKER!!
What can i do?? Please help me??? If i post in the wrong section, or has been posted before, let me know!!
cheers D-Series!!!

·
Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
298 Posts
If you want raw torque you're looking at going to forced induction. You'll get lots of torque even from a mild setup.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
boost, or nos, maybe a 6000 shot will do ya.....

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
welcome perma, the d is a gread eng. to toy with cuz its soo small-good choice

isnt it nos over boost for torque?
Get your ecu chipped to get the full potential from your upgrades, seriously do it
well anyways if u go boost small pipes and IC are good cus more boost sooner but heres my
*ahem tuning w/ a bov*
this if u get a slug is big enough like a t3t4 or 50-60 trims, no spool till like 3K and check ur gauge when doing this and try messin' w/ ur uber maps too
-->adj ur bov to make it tighter so boost wont open @ idle and low rpm and wont open till u let off the gas with some boost in there- note this will give u less mpg b/c of the boost still in there from whenever- this will give you a good bottom end power from a turbo
-->or u can go good mpg till u start wailing on ur shit, losen the bov to where it opens a idle and lets boost out and when you put full gas the bov will close for boost
(how it works is the fpr is connected to the bov and and the bov being loose (less spring tension) wont fully close tight till u take all the vacume away fromt the fpr and the tension on the bov corespons to this) um you cant really run good boost for the second but is good to use for your daily street tune bc the boost is still there if needed but u got oem honda mpg workin' for ya from 0 to 3k

a small turbo is good too for bottom end cuz is packin' in air at low rpms
cams -turbo cam *maby* gives out tourqe i dunno ive yet to get 1
and keeping the stock flywheel helps for keeping torque (gettin' on the driveway from the street @ 1mph duh)
and a larger displacement can increases torque
and also N02 will make a 05 4cly accord spin in 3rd
lets see wat else, i think thats it hope it helps

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great!!
thanx guys for replying!! But i think i forgot to mention that i want to go with N/A. I'm quite interested in increasing displacement by using D17 crank off the new civic. what you guys think? What do i need to do if i want to do that??
And waht kind of head combination do i need to use? D16Y8 head? And by removing the middle layer of gasket will it help increase the CR?
Sorry for the whole heaps of question guys!! I'm a NOOB!!! :hammer: :hammer:

cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts