Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wont to rebuild my motor in my 89 rex some people told me to stay with the d16a6 motor.and some tell to go with the zc motor i wont better performance out of the car.i was told i can buy everything from fjt for the build what is the most hp i can get out of the d16a6 on n/a or boost. same goes for the zc motor any info will be greatful thanks does any one on here have a built d16a6 or zc with pic i can look at

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
same engine minus the cam which helps the sohc zc make a tad bit more hp. you want more details search cause this has been covered to many times.

as long as money permits your options are endless on how much hp you can squeeze out both engines. but expect everyone to push boost on you like a Jehovah witness on religion.

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
i had a sohc non ZC and i loved it great growl from the intake and and great power. A buddy of mine had one in his rex and he loved it. till he went b-series...

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
B-series :TD:

Go N/a on your first build, then if you want something different....give me your tuned N/a setup and build you a boost setup. :TU:

·
Registered
Same
324 Posts
i was told it was the non -vtec
check for a vtec selanoid and youll know for sure but i doubt someone would sell u a vtec engine and say it wasnt. im not sure but i think most vtec d engines have the spark plugs on the lower half of the vc with oil cap to the top right

i remeber the non vtec d15 having them on the top of the vc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts