Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently rebuilding my D16A6 for boost, and I am now looking to buy the rod and main bearings. I noticed most people run ACL, but which ones? There are 2 versions, Duraglide 780 and Race. What do you recomend for a boosted engine? (I'm looking to make about 275 WHP)

·
Registered
424 Posts
OEM Honda bearings. The only bearing I will ever run in a Honda motor. :TU:

If you are building a race motor you can get the clearance you need by getting the correct colored bearing.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
OEM Bearings for me. Nothing less

Reactions: 93 red ls

·
Registered
639 Posts
Honduh!!!!

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay thanks for the help! So If I get the colors of my old bearings, or match the #'s on the block to the color and order those, I should have the correct bearings. So now I decided that I am going to run an OEM head gasket also. The problem is my engine is bored .20 over. I didn't see a gasket for .20 over on majestic honda or on the link above. Is the normal oem gasket okay? BTW I did see a tread about this a while ago, but I can't find it right now. I don't know if it ever got answered anyway.

·
Registered
EK 96
422 Posts
king motorsport or OEM

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
King Motorsports doesn't make bearings, King does.

Talk to Bone about the current OEM bearings...
You know, I remember a thread a while back about the new OEM bearings being made by a couple of different companies. Is that what you are refering to? I thought there was one type that was no good. Where do you get King bearings? Thanks everyone for all the replies!!!:TU:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts