Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a y8 block and an a6 head what arp head studs do i use i have looked but cant find anyone that has done it before?

isnt the a6 and z6 head studs the same and can i use them on my y8 block?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Not entirely. A6 Z6 studs are the same but the y8 head is not the same distance from the block in one of the corners.
All the head bolt threads are about an inch higher in the block for the y-series blocks so you need a different mixed arp head stud kit.

FJ Distributors

Application: This is a Custom Head Studs kit.

**Use this kit if you are using the following engine combination:
Block: D16Y7,D16Y8,D16Y5
Head: D16A6, D16Z6

One more thing, it's highly recommended to drill out the oil supply port at the top of the y-series block and install the restricter. If you don't you could have oil leaking between the head and block like I did. I tried installing the restricter under the a6 rocker arm assy like the vtec heads have it so I could run it on my z6 block but I had the leak. Even with the restricter installed plenty of oil was getting to the head. I'm assuming if you don't run the restricter you'll have low oil pressure problems.

I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear if your block is assembled because the first thing I though of was shavings falling down to the bearings if I tried to drill out the hole. I'll have to measure the hole on a non vtec block to get the proper drill size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a z6 block but it has a spun rod so i dont want to use it and i dont want to put all the work into fixing it when i paid 50 for my y8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts