Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put in my turbo into my car, Now everything is all set except my pcv system. My car idle surges because my pcv hose that was connected to my cold air intake is now disconnected intill i block it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix that?

Also, the air temp sensor that was plugged into the cold air intake before my intake manifold is now disconnected because of the intercooler piping, Where should i mount a new sensor? It gives me a engine cell because its disconnected. Thanks guys any ideas are great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can drill a hole in your ic piping and install your IAT sensor.
Or you get a D16z6 or y8 intake manifold and put the sensor in the back of the manifold.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
use a z6 intake manifold it has a spot on the back of the manifold for that sensor....or have a flange welded to your intercooler pipes to bolt it up

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
First pcv in ur cold air intake? Do u mean the hose from the vavle cover to cold intake? Or the hose from intake manifold to s hose for pcv? Pcv should be ran to a catch can or that hose always hooked to vaccum.

Now on the iat. First plug it back n and rest your ecu. It will run better just by it sitting in the engine bay vs it being disconnected.
Then you can drill a hole in the intercooler piping and pop it in there. You will have to seal it up good becaise when boost kicks inn it"ll see pressure and wanna pop out. If you put it on the sucking side of the turbo then all will be good and it won't pop out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant the hose that goes from the valve cover to the cold air intake is now open,well i pluged it because it was causing idle surge

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I meant the hose that goes from the valve cover to the cold air intake is now open,well i pluged it because it was causing idle surge
U plug the intake side right? The valve cover should never be plugged.

·
Registered
434 Posts
1. You need a catch can, run a big line from the back of the block(no pcv valve) and from the v/c to a vented can.

2. I threaded my stock plastic IAT sensor, made a bung, and welded it in the i/c piping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts