Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys could u tell me what these two items are?

is the one in red some sort of oil return or charcoal canister?

my car is carby to i was told the yellow circle one be required anymore, so what should i do with that when i perform my swap?

thanks guys

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so get rid of it all together? where do the hoses that go into that box lead to?

and could someone tell me which lines go in and out of the canister?

thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok so the fuel lines go straight into the canister and one of those lines goes out and onto the fuel rail?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
the small vac line at the top of the canister goes to the evap purge solenoid.

For my application where my JDM ecu does not have code/hardware for it, just plug the vac line where the evap solenoid gets it's manifold vac from.... and leave the evap disconnected.

on my sister's 96 ex (no solenoid like a 92-95) the smaller of the 2 big hoses coming out of it goes to a fuel return line.... one of the 3 going to the tank, I believe if u look at the 3 that go under the car from the engine bay, it would be the one on the far left/back/bottom. The bigger one hooks up to some device atached to the fuel rail, and I believe it is taped into one of the big vaccum ports on the manifold but there is a junction box inbetween it and the manifold atached to the rail (purge solenoid?). the smaller vaccum one will go to the vaccum source as stated above.

As soon as I send my sister's car back to her (all I need to do is fix the heater, replace the exhaust manifold when I find one, and replace one headlight) Ill take pics of mine and routing info for you.

As far as that big box..... throw it out, and most eveything it's connected to..... waaaaay old retarted carby equipment!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for that, i cant figure out all where all the lines go that come out of the charcoal canister...

one of them goes back to the fuel tank
another goes to the purge solenoid

but there are two more, one i think is a fuel line of some sort (as it has red writing on it)
and the other i'm not sure...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts