Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Energy Suspension bushing kit just came in.. So now, I'm in search of these little spacer thingy's that that go into the shifter bushing as well as this bracket.. Are these items available at my local parts store?

Also, If anyone has the items laying around and would like to donate or sell them, please let me know.

Thanks D-Series.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You can measure them, go buy some tube with the same ID/OD from a metal supply store and cut to size. IF all else fails...

Junk yard...

Edit; to answer the question... I would call them shifter stabilizer bushing spacer sleeves.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Collars? Shim? Guide? Hah

The same thing is in OEM Honda Oil Pan Gaskets.

It's there to keep you from hulking the bolt and extruding the soft material out.

Not as important with the Hardend ES pieces.

If they don't include them, talk about them, and you can't get the old ones out reasonably, I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless the Dia, of the holes needed one. In which case ^^^

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Collars? Shim? Guide? Hah

The same thing is in OEM Honda Oil Pan Gaskets.

It's there to keep you from hulking the bolt and extruding the soft material out.

Not as important with the Hardend ES pieces.

If they don't include them, talk about them, and you can't get the old ones out reasonably, I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless the Dia, of the holes needed one. In which case ^^^
That's what I have, the ES shifter bushing kit..

The kit came without those little thingys..

I was thinking about not using them, but I still don't have the bracket:doh:

I could probably get away without using the bracket or the little thingys but I don't want the ES bushing to rip like my old bushing did.:biggrin:

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Mine is solid aluminum lol I forgot where I bought it from but I kept the bracket too.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
You don't have your old stock parts? Just reuse them

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
It's been awhile since I did mine, but as I remember it, those bushing inserts came out of the factory bushing, they were pressed or fused or whatever to the collar that goes over the bushing, I just pressed them into the energy bushing, put it together the same way it came apart. For the record, my car is a 94 DX...

Edit** Oh, conversion...go to the junkyard and find the part/s, will be cheap and easy. Also, I was apparently wrong about the unitized thing, it is the collar thing over the bushing and 2 sleeves separate. These are the oem part numbers for my car:

54114-SB2-000 / COLLAR, PIPE MOUNTING $3.80 $2.66 (you would need 2 of these)
54307-SH3-010 / STOPPER, EXTENSION MOUNTING $5.83 $4.08 (this is the piece that goes over the bushing)

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/auto-parts/1994/honda/civic-hatchback/chassis/shift-lever/?trim=dx&engine=5-speed-manual

In the future, some sites like hondapartscheap have the "blow ups" of parts groups, a good resource for figuring this sort of thing out

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's been awhile since I did mine, but as I remember it, those bushing inserts came out of the factory bushing, they were pressed or fused or whatever to the collar that goes over the bushing, I just pressed them into the energy bushing, put it together the same way it came apart. For the record, my car is a 94 DX...
I did a auto to manual swap so I just got a old ass bushing from off of a car in the country. :biggrin:

The bushing never had those two little metal thingys so now i'm trying to find out were I can get them from or find a substitute for them..

*EDIT* Thanks man! That's wassup!!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Glad I could help...remember, those are the parts for my car, as I'm not sure what car you have, I don't know if they are right for your car...unless, of course, they are all the same lol, one of the site guru's would have to verify that though

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad I could help...remember, those are the parts for my car, as I'm not sure what car you have, I don't know if they are right for your car...unless, of course, they are all the same lol, one of the site guru's would have to verify that though
I have a 95 civic DX. Everything should be gucci..

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts