Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does increasing compression over stock levels increase power over the entire band or just peak? I am assuming the entire band, because i always hear that increasing compression also increases torque, right?? :confused:

cause i was thinking if every 1 point increase in compression is supposed to equal roughly a 3-4% increase in power, going from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 on a 150hp motor would only be around a 5hp increase. So I was like F that- not even worth having to get stuck with higher grade gas! But then if it's over the entire band, then I think I'm gonna stick with the original plan of bumping it up a little bit...
??

N

·
0 Posts
It will be throughout the entire band. Increase hp will increase torque. Just b.c you increase your hp 20 or more doesn't mean you will the that high of a torque increase but it will increase some.

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats kinda what i figured, seems like all you hear is "UP TO 8HP INCREASE!!!" but never hear anything about tq??
I've always heard of 'race' or whatever motors that make all kinds of hp, but barely any tq at all, and I know a lot of big semi/truck engines make shitloads of tq, but real low hp...

still just trying to get an idea of what it takes i guess... :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
thats only on a stock motor. but who is running stock set up with high comp ahhhhhh?

the more you do the more the comp ratio will help you! add things to high comp like head work, cam, i/h/e, and the power will double. every thing you do complements somthing else!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts