Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up new member here

Well just got me a 97 civic ex d16y8 and there's a few problems with it I'm looking for help with.
1 my temp gauge doesn't work and the pig tail is missing to the sender. What is the wire color for it?
2 my vtec solenoid is unhooked and am trying to locate the other end of the harness wire I'm looking for a green yellow wire on the main harness correct?
I'll take pictures of it. The p.o. really rigged the harness on this thing and I'm at a loss with wiring so I'll need some help from everyone if you're willing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well just got me a 97 civic ex d16y8 and there's a few problems with it I'm looking for help with.
1 my temp gauge doesn't work and the pig tail is missing to the sender. What is the wire color for it?
2 my vtec solenoid is unhooked and am trying to locate the other end of the harness wire I'm looking for a green yellow wire on the main harness correct?
3 my vss is jumping all over the place could faulty wire be to blame there too?
4 can someone show me where the temp sending unit is on theirs my temp gauge doesn't work either. Theres a wire down bottom that yellow with a green stripe that would be for the temp gauge am I right?

I'll take pictures of it. The p.o. really rigged the harness on this thing and I'm at a loss with wiring so I'll need some help from everyone if you're willing.
Is there any way someone can hook me up with a color wiring diagram or point me to one ?
I'll probably pick up some new pig tails and solder and shrink wrap it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Is your car a 5spd manual?

here:
https://www.hondapartsstore.com/oem-parts/honda-wire-harness-engine-room-32200s04a50?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsLWV4aGF1c3QtaGVhdGVyLWZ1ZWwmcz13aXJlLWhhcm5lc3MmbD03Jm49QXNzZW1ibGllcyBQYWdlJmE9aG9uZGEmbz1jaXZpYy1jb3VwZSZ5PTE5OTcmdD1leCZlPTUtc3BlZWQtbWFudWFs

FUCK messing with a hacked harness

I would call and make sure that is the actual engine harness though, as it says it fits ex/lx/dx etc... which is of courwse not true IF it is actually the correct harness

found correct one. goddammit, discontinued.
https://www.hondapartsstore.com/oem-parts/honda-wire-harness-engine-32110p2pa11?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1lbmdpbmUtd2lyZS1oYXJuZXNzJmw9MSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWhvbmRhJm89Y2l2aWMtY291cGUmeT0xOTk3JnQ9ZXgmZT01LXNwZWVkLW1hbnVhbA==

If you are 5speed manual, are you interested in a custom engine harness that already has the OBD1 ecu plugs integrated? Will need an OBD1 ecu that is chipped and ready to run a Y8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts