Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 del sol with a d15 in it now, with a jackson racing supercharger (bought it like that). what all motors will that SC fit (intake bolt pattern and such) and will it fit a ZC motor and DOHC head? or like a b16?

·
Registered
741 Posts
flaresniper said:
i have a 93 del sol with a d15 in it now, with a jackson racing supercharger (bought it like that). what all motors will that SC fit (intake bolt pattern and such) and will it fit a ZC motor and DOHC head? or like a b16?
I can't remember 100% what D-series it WILL fit on..however, remember this rule. It's almost ALWAYS D-series to D-series, B-series to B-series..unless dealing with throttle bodies, or cutting up some of the block make the Ls rods fit.
As for what it fits on:
1992-95 - CX, DX, LX, EX, SI - D16Z6/D15B7
This is from the Jackson site

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It should fit on ANY single cam head. You will have to swap around stuff like fuel rails, etc. to get everything to work. So to answer the question.

SOHC ZC = Yes
DOHC ZC = No.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the SOHC zc better than the mini-me swap?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if you are thinking about the mini me swap, i would move towards the z6 head swap, granted it is not DOHC, but the blower mixed with the higher compression will go good together, granted i would suggest getting some forged pistons and rods first...

·
Registered
741 Posts
flaresniper said:
is the SOHC zc better than the mini-me swap?
Over all, not really. The Sohc zc, is just a Si non-vtec with a bit more pep than what came in the 89-91 Si's.

The mini-me, not only gives you the higher rpm's and more of a powerband due to vtec, but also a better platform to play/tune with since you will be switching to Obd1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts