Honda D Series Forum banner

What adj cam gear

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  97midorihatch 
#1 ·
i have a y7 motor and still has the y7 cam and head and i cant find a adjustable cam gear for it i can find for others like a y8 what motor can i buy a adj cam gear for and it work on my y7

i admit im doin it for the bling factor for right now as im getting ready to do a t-belt and water pump job and want to add some more looks so i will be running it straight up at 0 degrees

Reactions: reynolcj
#2 ·
Dude, that engine bay in your avi looks huge! I just pulled a motor out of a 97 and I don't recall having that much room...lol Nice and clean though, nice.
As far as adjustable cam....builthatch (a user on here) has a sticky in this forum about building a na motor...he recommends AEM. As far as bling goes, Bisimoto (who is very performance minded, so you know the product is going to be as good as it looks) has one that I think looks pretty sweet, plus it would be great for any future building purposes. GL

#8 · (Edited)
well if you want to go with that.. you can swap in a z6 cam and put in a cam gear on that, then it will be at 0- degrees.

Otherwise you will have to retard the timing 5 degrees to set it back to stock.
Completely WRONG! Vtec cam do NOT fit in non-vtec head aka Y7!

You can buy a camgear for a Z6 and ADVANCE it to 4.5 degree, that way your cam in your Y7 will be at thier *0* cam timing....

But , wait a minute.... look at the beautiful skunk2 adjust
able camgear I receive in the mail 2 days ago.... D16Z6 and D16Y8 timing mark on the same gear!
It is weird, the z6 and y8 mark on the gear are NOT 4.5 degre away from each other!

EDIT: The attach files, manage attachments option dont work!

#17 · (Edited)
AAHhhhhh.....:wacko:

D16z6 and d16y8 ***CAM GEAR*** are interchangeable!

-D16Z6 adjustable camgear on a y8 or y7= advance 4.5 degree to have the true zero.
-D16Y8 adjustable camgear on a Z6 = retard 4.5 degree to have the true zero.

D16z6 and D16y8 ***CAMSHAFT aka CAM*** do NOT FIT in D16Y7 engine.

#18 ·
I'd recommend Skunk2 over Bisimoto. Why? I've Skunk2 Tuner-series knock-off (UGR UnderGround Racing) and Bisimoto one among others, and the Bisimoto camgear really weights DOUBLE of the Skunk2 design. Its huge bloat, weighting around one pound. Skunk2 design is featherlight, lighter than stock pressed steel one that is very light too.

I've never had camgear slipping issues, and I'm quite sure that 6-bolt Skunk2 won't slip.

#23 ·
Why are we talking about cams?????

YEAH I CAN READ!!! HERE"S THE OP!!!!

i have a y7 motor and still has the y7 cam and head and i cant find a adjustable cam gear for it i can find for others like a y8 what motor can i buy a adj cam gear for and it work on my y7
Who gives a shit about what B20Ben is talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.