Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up peeps, just was wondering what would be better and the easiest to install, I want to run nitrous after i get my intake manifold, header, exhaust, fuel rail, and regulator in place i was looking to eather go with the zex kit or the nos kit:confused: i am looking for that extra power for my y8:thehump: anyways comments welcome :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
your easiest way would be the dry kit but out of the 2 i would say a wet kit is a lot safier and for the better of the horsepower. I would never use a dry kit. With the wet you can spray alot more.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Only reason to buy those cheap kits is to get extra pieces. Do not trust them.
It's better to save up money, and get a brand named kit. It's safer and you are dealing with money, so why waste it? and then have problems

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I'd love one too, but money is always a problem. Please don't substitute with an electric fan... They actually sell those: http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Good luck with installing the (wet) nitrous kit!

EDIT: I thought you posted something three times; my bad. My browser must be fucked up...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ddd4114 said:
dry is easier, but that doesn't mean you should use it. In fact, I strongly recommend you don't.

What's easier to install, a turbo kit or an electric fan in your intake tube? Which one would you rather have on your car?
I would love to have a turbo kit but I dont have that kinda money right now i want a t3/t4garret turbo kit or the turbonetics kit i see them on ebay for like 850 shipped complete turbo intercoolerkit

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feddy said:
Only reason to buy those cheap kits is to get extra pieces. Do not trust them.
It's better to save up money, and get a brand named kit. It's safer and you are dealing with money, so why waste it? and then have problems
I thought that turbonetics was a brand name good product?????

·
Registered
194 Posts
I Don't know whats so unsafe about dry kits. I Say if your useing a dry kit and arestaying around 65 shot or less you will be fine. I Bag the shit out of my car with my dry kit and have a wide band and never seen it lean out on my stock fuel system running a dry 55 shot. With Wet don't forget you can have nitrous backfire and the fuel solinoid could fail and cause you to run lean. Either way both systems are no more fool proof then the other. Aways run a Wideband to be safe.

R

·
0 Posts
yeah, what he said. Anybody that has seen a wet system that had a nitrous backfire knows that it is pretty spectacular (I've seen intake manifolds blow off, hoods lift, and 8 foot flasshing flames.) If you know what you are doing, a wet system is somewhat safer, and is distributed more even.

But if you are worried about uneven distribution, go with a direct port! :D

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
it really comes down to how much nitrous you plan on injecting and proper tuning. A 25 shot of nitrous can be dangerous to your engine, with a horrible tune.

With more nitrous (60 shot or more), you should upgrade components like spark plugs and fuel pump, and you really shouldn't be using a dry kit at this point.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
wait till you see the "dry kit" I'm helping on.........

4 port direct injection, DRY.........

The fuel will be controlled by the ECU along with pulling ignition timing while the solenoid is activated.

With a low pressure fuel system, the mixing style nozzle is used to help atomize the fuel to prevent puddling......

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
for single nozzle i vote dry kit. easy to install and i can tell alot of you are just saying dry sucks because you saw it on the internet or your friends told you..

dry kits are safe and so easy to install on our civics for 50-75+ shots. i would not go over the 75 shot dry. though many people have done it, and for a long time also. im just not a fan of how high that fuel pressure gets when your above the 75 shot on our stock injectors. you can do it but with bigger injectors and well thats a whole different topic and im not gonna get into it here.

now if i ever do nitrous again, its gonna be direct port for sure.

go buy a zex kit, install it in a few hours and have some fun with that shit..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
konigcivic said:
for single nozzle i vote dry kit. easy to install and i can tell alot of you are just saying dry sucks because you saw it on the internet or your friends told you..

dry kits are safe and so easy to install on our civics for 50-75+ shots. i would not go over the 75 shot dry. though many people have done it, and for a long time also. im just not a fan of how high that fuel pressure gets when your above the 75 shot on our stock injectors. you can do it but with bigger injectors and well thats a whole different topic and im not gonna get into it here.

now if i ever do nitrous again, its gonna be direct port for sure.

go buy a zex kit, install it in a few hours and have some fun with that shit..
yeah for sure i have been reseaching it and i might just go with the dry zex kit my cuz ran one in his sohc accord for 2 years and bagged the shit out of it you just got to know what your doing i guess?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Zex is a great brand, great quality and easy to install. Venom makes a good kit the vcn 2000 but the kit is nearly 1000 dollars but it is more for the nitrous tuner then a beginner nitrous user but you can tune every aspect from how long how big and when with your computer.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
if it's a single fogger go dry....trust me. if you wanna do wet go direct port. liquid does not turn as well in the intake runners. gas turns down them very well. i'd rather even fuel than even nitrous. dry is the way to go if useing a single nozzle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts