Drag Manifold
AirReasearch .42 trim turbo
Tial 38mm WG (.6 bar...8.7psi)
28''x6''x3'' Intercooler
2.5'' Piping
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
StealthModePerformance Oil lines
RC 440 cc injectors

Will be running the 8.7 psi daily driven. Car will be tuned on Crome.

Let me know what you think about the setup! I have most of the parts sitting here waiting to go on!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Sitting here and ready to go is what hookers say, now put that shit on and get up some picks. I hope someone gets the jok above.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
i get it. you horn dog.you know their sayings first hand.. haha

i take it your exhaust is already covered?. and i for see it in your future 9psi =). what did you use to run (previous set up).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first turbo setup...I was running NA before.

Exhaust is 2.5 inch Greddy Evo Exhaust.

Going to run a 2.5 inch downpipe probably.

·
Registered
240 Posts
hey do you have pics of your airResearch turbo mounted on your manifold?? i'm doing a similar setup but the oil return part of the turbo is pointed up sorta... don't the drain flange suppose to be pointed down on the bottom??

·
Registered
835 Posts
My friends b7 lasted about 4 days on 19psi on a t3 that he got from a saab or something like that. That thing pulled nasty as shit but when it blew up it blew up in style LOL
damn 19 lbs for 4 days!!! it must have had hellaz rich and retarted tuning! my b7 lasted 4 days on 9 lbs lol...

i dont have any pix of it mounted but i could probably get some this weekend... ill try to remember... the oil drain should be pointed down, but a little bit of an angle wont hurt... i had to point mine at a slight angle so that the inlet would clear the manifold... im sure you know how to clock the center section of the turbo...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had a mini me with a y7/block and z6 head and i finished it on saturday at about 8:00 pm and it blew on the freeway at about 9:30 my setup is a homemade with a 16g turbo with waste gate flapper welded shut on o2 housing it pulled so hard it was breaking loose all thru 3rd gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ummm i had a good enough chrome base map, but i dont think that was the problem when the rod flies out the block going 120 at end of 4th gear lol it was crazy

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well,

I'll be running the FMU for a couple days, while I wait for my boy to get me dyno tuned...

Car has never had a problem, runs like a champ, burns no oil, and the block and pistons are pretty clean.

Hopefully I'll have no problem running it on the FMU for like a week, ya'll are scaring me lol. It will then be tuned on RC440's on Crome.

Think I should have any problems? I'm not going to beat it on an FMU, but I'm not going to drive like a grandma.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well,

I'll be running the FMU for a couple days, while I wait for my boy to get me dyno tuned...

Car has never had a problem, runs like a champ, burns no oil, and the block and pistons are pretty clean.

Hopefully I'll have no problem running it on the FMU for like a week, ya'll are scaring me lol. It will then be tuned on RC440's on Crome.

Think I should have any problems? I'm not going to beat it on an FMU, but I'm not going to drive like a grandma.
FMU's suck because they dont retard ignition with the raise in boost... they only spit more fuel... this is why we all say they suck and dont use them... im sure you will be fine for a couple days, but dont punch the gas too hard or you will go boom!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, cool.

My car right now is fully tuned on Crome for my NA setup...so it's running perfect.

Think that will help for the time I'm using my FMU?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do not have a boost controller at the time lol.

Should I just borrow a manual boost controller, and keep the boost level low until I can get tuned?

What you think boys? I'm going to be using the Walbro 255lph fuel pump at all times of install.

·
Registered
835 Posts
boost controllers will not lower boost, only raise it... lowest boost possible is set by the spring in the wastegate... whatever wastegate/spring you are using is the amount of boost you will see.

is your turbo internally gated or do you have an external wastegate?

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I do not have a boost controller at the time lol.

Should I just borrow a manual boost controller, and keep the boost level low until I can get tuned?

What you think boys? I'm going to be using the Walbro 255lph fuel pump at all times of install.
you cant turn down the boost with a boost controller, only up. With a light right foot and an eye on the boost gauge you should be alright for a little while with a basemap until you get it tuned. Just DONT floor it

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh okay.

I'm going to be running a .6 bar...8.7 psi Tial Wastegate.

I just purchased it, will be here by the weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts