93 civic dx
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to the track and i ran some pretty bad times well very bad times:

17.4 with a 60ft of a 3.4 with wheel hop and me kinda stalling out
and
16.4 witha 60ft of a 2.4 with some bad wheel hop

with both times i trapped a speed of 93mph

i suck and need help ... what is good 60ft? what can do to get rid of this stupid wheel hop?---what do u think i should be at trapping around a 100mph --what is a round about rpm to lauch from ...

my car was hopping so bad -- i thought i was killing it:(

i know some of my quesition are very noobish sorry
i am just very depressed -- i suck and need any help i can get
i will post of the time slip when i find my camera

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try slipping the clutch and don't worry so much about killing the launch. Get good traction and then put the power down. What rpm are you shifting at? With that setup you should be making decent enough power to make at least low 15 sec runs. Just go to the track and practice some more and you're times will go down.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i pull 2.2 and 2.1s. i only launch at 2500 rpms. just come off the line then lay the power like someone said before. preloading helped me.

·
Registered
93 civic dx
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lsturbohatch10 said:
i pull 2.2 and 2.1s. i only launch at 2500 rpms. just come off the line then lay the power like someone said before. preloading helped me.
i am going back probably this weekend-- i am going to try to lauch at that and ease off a little better-- me and my friend looked at motor mounts and they are completely shot -- and i i think that the shocks are still the original ones so that would make them 13years old --- so that stuff will be getting replaced here soon hoepfully
i also think that my problem was that i was pretty nervous this being my first time out to the track with the car

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
like you said, if your motor mounts are shot, that's part of the reason you're getitng such bad wheel hop. pick up some good motor mounts, replace the shocks, and then practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heh, i remember my first run. I was shaking like a freakin parkinsons patient. I staged the lights and looked to my left and a bmw m3 like the one on need for speed-most wanted rolls up. I was still staring at it when the tree dropped. My rt was like .895 lol After that it was all good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
ive never taken my car to a track....
where can i do so around illinois? and is it cheap...cuz im not paying like 300 bucks to run up and down a track a few times...
after a few minor repairs are done to my car i wanna try it out

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
stiff rear suspension with around 35-40psi in the tires, traction bars and some motor mount inserts launch around 5k preload it some spin is not bad

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
I think the main things to concentrate on here are your worn out mounts and your shocks, that will already improve your wheel hop situation a lot. Then look at other items after that. Concentrate more on good clean shifts before even worrying about your launches..........good RT's don't happen over-night, they take time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts