setup that ran the times is...

90 hatch, full interior, stock shot ass motor mounts
a6/z6 mini me, stock rebuilt head, eagle/vitara bottom 7.5:1 comp
log manifold, BW GM-3 turbo on 14-15psi
full 3" turbo back with dynomax turbo muffler
vtec set at 4500, shifting at 7800rpm
dohc zc trans with halfshafts

bfg drag radials, launching at 6000rpm

i am preloading, get a tiny bit of wheel hop, next time i go i will have some mount inserts installed.

here are my 2 best runs, not unhappy but i think i can go faster without turning the boost up

60' - 2.133 2.167
1/8 - 8.904 8.739
mph - 81.71 83.91
1/4 - 13.730 13.448
mph - 102.29 104.33

i know i need to work on my 60 foots but im taking care of some chasis issues like the mounts and going to order a camber kit, running stock everything with some skunk2 springs.

what do you guys think? havent dynoed it yet, street tuned by me to ~11.5-11.8 afrs and roughly .7 degree retard per psi.

ultimate goal by the end of the season is 11.99 or better with a cam, slicks, and more boost. wanna have to build a roll cage and other stuff over the winter so im not bored lol.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
not bad i guess.... if you had dyno numbers we will be able to tell you if your times were good or not... knowing 14psi isnt really knowing a whole lot.... but in a hatch you should be able to make 11sec passes easily with 300hp.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Good work Bro!!!!, but I think you can improve your times with slicks,

I ran 13.20 on my del sol at 102.75 mph .

Keep working on it !!

·
Registered
170 Posts
those times arent bad at all. Get the 60 foot time a little lower and throw some slicks on and your good to go. Just be careful of your axles if you dont have beefy ones already.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice man! where did you go up to lebanon valley?
yeah dude lebanon.

they told me i need a scattershield next time whats up with that haha.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
kinda makes me sad about what me set up will run,(pm if your wondering)
good job tho, your '60 as you know need to come down and this just lets me know whats up for my future plans, what was your burn out/launch sequence like? ... there has been a lil debate upon the prep on drag radials.
do get it on a dyno and get it ironed out fa sho. good job tho as i said. it only gets faster from here.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
yeah dude lebanon.

they told me i need a scattershield next time whats up with that haha.
It seems like more tracks are being harder on tech then they use to be.13.4 isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Why they said you'd need a scattershield...Idunno, but you've just need some more practice like we all do and get some numbers. GL!

·
Registered
732 Posts
awww lebanon valley ftw!!!

ill be there in the summer runnin 13s on a stock motor =)

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
All Motor class: All FWD or transverse-mounted applications using a clutch
and running quicker than 11.99 must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Street Stock: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster
than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Sport FWD: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster
than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Check with BOTI, IDRC and NDRA for exact rules for each class.

Most sanctioning bodies usually require Transmission Blanket/Shields for vehicles running
quicker than 10.99 and/or 135mph.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i would say you are around 250 whp right now, and if you switched to a set of 22x8x13 slicks on some very light rims you will drop around 4 tenths in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My old boost ej1 made 235whp/205tq at 13 psi with my t3/t4 50 trim .48 ar and it was running 13.5 1/4 mile all day on 22x8 slick on 15 inch wheels. Trapping at 101-104 mph.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kinda makes me sad about what me set up will run,(pm if your wondering)
good job tho, your '60 as you know need to come down and this just lets me know whats up for my future plans, what was your burn out/launch sequence like? ... there has been a lil debate upon the prep on drag radials.
do get it on a dyno and get it ironed out fa sho. good job tho as i said. it only gets faster from here.
i burned em in the burnout box in 1st gear at about 7k, burned till they squealed. i was preloading with the ebrake and launching at 6000 with the turboedit launch control. i think my launch control is to low because i had to leave 32psi in the drag radials otherwise id bog a little off the line although i did manage a 2.033 60 ft with them with 22psi in the radials. im going to try a 6800 launch next time with 20psi in the drag radials after i fix my engine mounts.

also it will get dynoed on june 1st but i might be on 20psi by then, depends when i get time to throw in my 255lph.

thanks for all the feedback guys. yeah its kinda shady about the scattershield because they said i can just make my own and it will be fine as long as it is made of 1/4" steel.... even though the nhra rules say 11.49 or faster, lebanon says you need one if you have any type of "power adder" like supercharger, turbo, nitrous, etc.

maybe ill rig something up for next time because the track is only 40 mins away, next closest is englishtown and that place is to high end and 3hrs away. isnt to bad of a place.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Is that track nhra owned and operated? Honestly they can make any saftey rules they want,especially if they aren't.There's a track here that almost doesnt even tech at all.They pass all kinds of shit they shouldn't.Guys runing low 11's without cages lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts