Discussion Starter #1
Hey, went to the track last night and alittle frustrated

r/t .187

60' 2.519

1/8 10.984

mhp 63.35

1/4 17.154

mph 80.09

WTF, I have done everything I have possibaly could have done done so far...

oil change, checked all fluids, spark plugs, wires, dizzy cap and rotor, aem sri,

ingalls torque damper, stock steelies at stock height 22psi, full interior, I did

how ever beat my personal best 60' time by 2 tenths. I usually go to the

track with about 1/4 to an 1/8th of a tank of gas but yesterday I filled ur up

forgot that I would be at the track... dope. I am just saying why the feck

cant I run what the 16.8 or better from what i read stock should run:evil:...

oh it was like 90 degrees out side that could factor in i think? comments

welcome

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
Hey, went to the track last night and alittle frustrated

r/t .187

60' 2.519

1/8 10.984

mhp 63.35

1/4 17.154

mph 80.09

WTF, I have done everything I have possibaly could have done done so far...

oil change, checked all fluids, spark plugs, wires, dizzy cap and rotor, aem sri,

ingalls torque damper, stock steelies at stock height 22psi, full interior, I did

how ever beat my personal best 60' time by 2 tenths. I usually go to the

track with about 1/4 to an 1/8th of a tank of gas but yesterday I filled ur up

forgot that I would be at the track... dope. I am just saying why the feck

cant I run what the 16.8 or better from what i read stock should run:evil:...

oh it was like 90 degrees out side that could factor in i think? comments

welcome
auto?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
What's your setup?

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
What car? Your 60 ft times are horrible. You need to get your 60 ft times down. lowering your tire pressure with street tires is useless.

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
Yep. Just keep practicing your launch. Don't worry about the rest of the pass. Just get your car to launch and you'll see 16's all day long. From my experience, for every tenth you gain on your 60 ft time, you gain 3 tenths in the 1/4. Try to get the lowest baseline before you start modding. And run your tires at the normal air pressure.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
93civiccx said:
From my experience, for every tenth you gain on your 60 ft time, you gain 3 tenths in the 1/4.
That's pretty accurate for cars in the low 15-to-low 17 range.

When I went, I was cutting high 2.4 60's with passes from 15.96-16.11. I finally cut that 2.39 and it was a 15.73 @ 86.

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
That's pretty accurate for cars in the low 15-to-low 17 range.

When I went, I was cutting high 2.4 60's with passes from 15.96-16.11. I finally cut that 2.39 and it was a 15.73 @ 86.
I actually figured it out on a buddy of mines car. He was runnin 2.20 60 ft times and 13.80's and changed gears and went 1.90's 60 ft and 12.83 in the 1/4. That was in a 1964 chevy II.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MyblkVTEC said:
not a bad start man, but there is no replacement for PRACTICE...
Tru dat, I have been trying differant launches like starting from idle(sucks) 2500k 3500k, 4000k seems to work out the best so far i dont know any more suggestions on launching???

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
Don't ride the clutch. Let it spin and slightly pedal it. Keep practicing and keep us posted!

·
Registered
65 Posts
93civiccx said:
Don't ride the clutch. Let it spin and slightly pedal it. Keep practicing and keep us posted!

dont ride it??? if you dump it and paddle it then your gana be worse off, the best thing to do is sset your rpm's then quckly ride it wile pressing the gas. that way you wont spin but you will accelerate

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
what i have been doing is dumping the clutch get alittle bit of spin and then it hooks up
Very good. I don't care if you barely ride the clutch, it will cause it to heat up and slip down the track. 2 reasons: #1. a stock or slightly modded car benefits more from controlled spinning to keep rems up and better your 60 foot times. #2. trying to just hook and go like running slicks will just cause your car to bog because it doesn't have enough power to compensate for the sudden grab.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
93civiccx said:
Very good. I don't care if you barely ride the clutch, it will cause it to heat up and slip down the track. 2 reasons: #1. a stock or slightly modded car benefits more from controlled spinning to keep rems up and better your 60 foot times. #2. trying to just hook and go like running slicks will just cause your car to bog because it doesn't have enough power to compensate for the sudden grab.
well then should i just play with the rpms i launch at??? I have tryed 5000 just get alot of spin and ran a 18 in the 1/4 with like a 2.8 60'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts