Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cpl of the guys from STLhondas.com attend Gateway raceway Tuesday nights for test and tune pretty regularly. (gateway is 1/4 NHRA certified track) So here is some pics and info from last night

Well to start the night off i took the Eg tonight instead of the Ef. I wanted to get some baseline times for the car to see where i would be starting at and how many seconds i would need to knock off to get to my 10.9 goal for next season.

managed to make 3 good runs tonight before i suffered a small mishap. Car broke a axle tonight when launching on robs DR's i was borrowing. Well rob and kate were awesome and drove all the way back to new halls ferry to get me a axle, axle nut and ball joint separator tool so i could swap out the axle in the car so i can get it back up and mobile again, but unfortunately i was unable to make any more passes due to that small set back.

But here are the three passes i did make. Passes 1 and 2 are on 17" drag rims with BF Goodrich scorcher t/a's and the 3rd and 4th pass were on Rob's Drag Radials.

1. (17"'s with street tires)
R/T - .186
60' - 2.433
1/4 - 15.751
MPH - 88.45

R/T - .247
60' - 2.522
1/4 - 15.794
MPH - 88.50

3. (dr's)
R/T - .417
60' - 2.269
1/4 - 15.300
MPH - 88.86

4. (dr's)
Broke

And now for a cpl pics.
JesSI placed 2nd tonight in the sport compact tuner challenge so he got a kewl little trophy

silverknight,n2hifi,silverstreak and jesSI

Silverstreak helping JesSI putting the street tires back on

Silverknight,Kate and brook

pics of the damage (its hard to tell but it broke at the hub and the boot tore also, i forgot to take a carnage pic after we pulled out the broken axle)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and because i know people are going to ask here are some specs on the engine in the car.

currently the EG is NA with the following mods.
-92-95 civic SI/EX tranny
-Stock D16y7 bottom end
-Built D16Y8 head (Port n Polished, Ti valves springs and retainers, milled .020)
-Zex 105300 cam
-Skunk 2 cam gear +2degrees right now
-Y8 IM (port n Polished)
-LS TB
-Edelbrock Header
-Ebay Intake
-3" Ebay N1 exhaust with test pipe (going boosted soon)

i think thats the majority of the stuff done, not sure on HP or TQ but we will find out sat at DD. Also the car is untuned and running on a stock p28.

engine pic

chris

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
ok, not diggin the camo but i guess a bisi header and blox intake manifold would look nice.

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
what model hatch is that ex dx vx ect.. any weight reduction or all interior What rpms were u launching at also is your ps removed?

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts
funky throttle cable. you sure you getting WOT ? jst an observation....im bored.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok, not diggin the camo but i guess a bisi header and blox intake manifold would look nice.
sorry but going boosted not a na build, plus why waste money on a IM that will make the same power as what i already have.

What tb are you using cable does not look like its sitting right.
LS(b18b) TB as stated in the mods list, the cable position is a little weird when using the LS tb on the y8 IM, but i assure you WOT is not a issue.

Gateway is a 1/4 mile drag strip, hell if my car only ran that in a 1/8th i would push it off a cliff and buy a F-body

what model hatch is that ex dx vx ect.. any weight reduction or all interior What rpms were u launching at also is your ps removed?
92 cx with rear seats deleted, stripped hatch but all interior panels front and back, full interior in the front. No power steering from the factory but i removed the A/C completely (condenser,lines,evaporator, etc).

also launching the car at 3500 or 400 and riding the clutch out

chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok so we made another trek to the track tonight, weather was a little warm when we first got there but that just meant we got alot of runs in early since not that many people were there early. But no worries as the sun dropped so did the temps and it turned into a great night for weather and times. temp started at 96 when we got there at 6ish and were 86 or so by 8pm

Took the eg again tonight and my times were: (running Drag radials)
6:56 pm
-15.24 @ 90.3
-60' 2.49

7:01 pm
-15.121 @ 90.04
-60' 2.259

7:13 pm
-15.10 @ 90.72
-60' 2.242

7:17 pm
-14.947 @ 88.54
-60' 2.226

8:09 pm
-15.3 @ 89.38 - launched out of the groove and spun bad
-60' 2.311

8:15 pm
-14.9 @ 90.4
60' 2.2

Not to bad for a car that only makes 120 wheel hp and 105 lbs of TQ. And just for the people wondering, i had not mechanical failures tonight and the car ran hard and great all night long. It's nice that the car seems to be pretty reliable and solid so far.

chris

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
231 Posts
awesome times. I have a similar setup and make a bit more power. just shows how much a good launch and a light car can go superfast.

WOOT WOOT, another all motor D in the 14's

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
it should be faster then that... my 92 cx no rear seats no rear inerior 93 d16z6 swap ex tranny intake exhaust chip ran 15.15 first run of the day..

practice a little more and get the launches down .. i was also on street tires 185.70.13

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
not to say anything bad, your times are good, but you should be faster, i went 15.23 @ 90.6 in my full int sedan with sohc zc vtec I/H/E stock motor, with 2.29 60'

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
it should be faster then that... my 92 cx no rear seats no rear inerior 93 d16z6 swap ex tranny intake exhaust chip ran 15.15 first run of the day..

practice a little more and get the launches down .. i was also on street tires 185.70.13
? not sure what your stating cause my 14.9 at my altitude is ALOT faster then your 15.1 at below sea level.

i am extreamly happy for how quick the car ran, the car is going boosted so i could care less about going faster n/a, the only reason i am even running the car n/a is to get used to launching it. Yes i need to work on my 60's a little but i also need a lsd and a camber kit.

also remember this is a untuned thrown together motor thats not even setup for n/a, if i swapped out the y8 IM for a z6 IM i would pick up alot, plus it's only 120 many of the y8's and z6's in my area with the same mods make closer to 140hp to the wheels.

chris

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
? not sure what your stating cause my 14.9 at my altitude is ALOT faster then your 15.1 at below sea level.
chris
yes.. but mine was a completely stock block and head.. you have a built head with a cam and whatever else the tb and crap... i wish i had more then 1 run with that motor.. it started raining that day and i blew it up on the way home cuz i sucked water up off the freeway with the cai...

but im not here to argue with you "or anyone else for that matter" good job on the runs.. its going to be fast boosted... even my vx block with y8 head was fast boosted...

good luck with ur setup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts