Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gus, finally I went to the dyno today.

At 15 psi, with my apexi kit car made: 219 hp´s and 213 torq

My concern is about a/f ratio at about 4500-500 a/f goes to 14.5!!!

At this moment I don´t have the dynograph because the printer was broke, damn !!!!.

The dyno guy says that if we tune to 13.1 a/f ratio the power must jump to about 250, is this true???

I have some doubts about a/f ratio, cause they use a sensor attached to the tail pipe of my exhaust, is this ok???

Please , I need fomments to check if car is working fine.

Just for your info, my best 1/4 time is 13.2 at 102.3 and best trap speed was 105.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
At 15 psi, with my apexi kit car made: 219 hp´s and 213 torq seems low to me, what type of dyno?

The dyno guy says that if we tune to 13.1 a/f ratio the power must jump to about 250, is this true??? don't know if it will jump that much

I have some doubts about a/f ratio, cause they use a sensor attached to the tail pipe of my exhaust, is this ok??? i've seen this done, and it is not very accurate. it could be much leaner/richer then you think using that type of sampling. the car i saw use this type was running much richer. fuel was almost spewing out the tail pipe, and it was only reading a 13:1 :shocked:

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dyno is a dynojet.

What do you think about torq, I think is higher for 219 hp´s. I know that torque on hondas is about 20% lower than hp´s.

I´ll take my car this saturday to my tuner house, maybe he can make some adjustments.

Another comment, on first run car was spinnig tires alot they have to lower the psi on tires.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taking a/f ratio to 13.1 would increase my power??

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
When I'm at 15psi, I have my AFR's in the low 12's
14:1 in boost is ASKING FOR A BLOWN MOTOR!!!
tailpipe readings usually aren't accurate...

get a real wideband, put it in your first o2 bung, then take measurements

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
taking a/f ratio to 13.1 would increase my power??
13:1 is the maximum A/F ratio I would run on a boosted car. I personally would run about 12:1, but that's just me.

As for measuring A/F from the tailpipe, I don't know much about that. I thought it was always done that way at the dyno. :confused:

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
tailpipe readings usually aren't accurate...

get a real wideband, put it in your first o2 bung, then take measurements
Yeah, I would never tune using a sniffer, only a wideband O2. Why? Because I'm anal retentive about things that could blow my motor.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, maybe my car is not so lean, my tuner always use a wideban oxygen sensor.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
tail pipe readings are accurate only if you do not have exhaust leaks.

I recently dynod my car 219whp 194tq on a mustang dyno @ 16psi on a T3 super 60.. running a 8.5:1 C:R d16z6.

My best is [email protected]
Nice that means that my set up could give me high 12´s on my 2500 lbs delSol

Any idea why my tq is higher??

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump for feedbacks

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
what kind of turbo comes with those apexi kits? if its a bagel sized snail then youre probably not going to shove any more air in efficiently. i know that they have a reputation for good turbo kits. but with a vitara setup you might want to jump onto the t3/t4 bandwagon. higher boost with more efficiency.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what kind of turbo comes with those apexi kits? if its a bagel sized snail then youre probably not going to shove any more air in efficiently. i know that they have a reputation for good turbo kits. but with a vitara setup you might want to jump onto the t3/t4 bandwagon. higher boost with more efficiency.
Thanks bro, I fact I´m getting a t3/t4 .57 trim .60/.63

How are you going with you car, I remember that you have a car crash rigth??

Your setup was awesome.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Thanks bro, I fact I´m getting a t3/t4 .57 trim .60/.63

How are you going with you car, I remember that you have a car crash rigth??

Your setup was awesome.
right now she rests in my insulated garage. i fired her up last week and warmed her up n/a. ran like butter.
within the next 3 month ill be looking for a rolling chassis.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
tail pipe readings are accurate only if you do not have exhaust leaks.

I recently dynod my car 219whp 194tq on a mustang dyno @ 16psi on a T3 super 60.. running a 8.5:1 C:R d16z6.

My best is [email protected]
I still wouldn't trust it, the temperature differential can skew readings as well

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really I don´t think my car is running so lean, but tomorrow my tuner can give a real a/f reading with the wideband, and if is it necessary a new tune.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts