Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, great site! well just last friday, me and some local tuners went down to grand bend and ran our cars. my car is practically a bone stock 95 civic hatchback, D15B7 with 320,000 km on the motor.only things done are gutted intake, hollowed out cat, stock muffler and gutted back seats and spare tire. out of 6 runs, the best i got outta it was 16.52 at 79.6 MPH.
my R/T - was .706 which clearly shouldve been better. my 60 foot was 2.46 and 1/8th mile is 10.49 at 65.5 MPH. in my opinion, i thought i did pretty good for that stock, worn out D15. a buddy i know of that went down with all of us, has a EG Civic Coupe, with the frankenstien swap, B16 head and B20 bottom, with a massive turbo on it (i dunno what it is) i know he is running 7 PSI of boost. first run, 13.2, second run, 13.2, then they switched drivers with this other guy i know, and he ran a 12.9!! the car is sick and we were all very proud of the owner because he put countless hours into tuning this thing and finally got it right and i personally think he did pretty damn good. what do u guys think of these runs? meh my car is slow, but its going for a D15B swap very soon with LSD. thanks for the input guys!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Welcome to the site, sounds like you guys had a good time :D. Post pics of you ride, doesn't matter if it's stock or not ;)

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
sutton said:
hey everyone, great site! well just last friday, me and some local tuners went down to grand bend and ran our cars. my car is practically a bone stock 95 civic hatchback, D15B7 with 320,000 km on the motor.only things done are gutted intake, hollowed out cat, stock muffler and gutted back seats and spare tire. out of 6 runs, the best i got outta it was 16.52 at 79.6 MPH.
my R/T - was .706 which clearly shouldve been better. my 60 foot was 2.46 and 1/8th mile is 10.49 at 65.5 MPH. in my opinion, i thought i did pretty good for that stock, worn out D15. a buddy i know of that went down with all of us, has a EG Civic Coupe, with the frankenstien swap, B16 head and B20 bottom, with a massive turbo on it (i dunno what it is) i know he is running 7 PSI of boost. first run, 13.2, second run, 13.2, then they switched drivers with this other guy i know, and he ran a 12.9!! the car is sick and we were all very proud of the owner because he put countless hours into tuning this thing and finally got it right and i personally think he did pretty damn good. what do u guys think of these runs? meh my car is slow, but its going for a D15B swap very soon with LSD. thanks for the input guys!
16.50's is about right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, as for the conditions, it was 167 F, 100 relative humidity, 32.57 absolute barometer and it was at 10 o clock at night. it was just a test night so the track wasnt prepped very good. he ran on goodyear eagle F1s i think, on 17 inch rims, that was the main reason, he got barely any traction but none the less, it was a fun time. scared the shit outta the guy in the 6 speed trans am beside him!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey kyle h, there was a del sol that went down with us that looks almost the same as yours! except that hes running a frankenstein swap too with a huge turbo but he broke an axle the first run at 11 psi or boost.... the motor is a ticking timebomb, the kid is crazy doing that. He blew a motor before by overboosting it, he will do it again haha..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts