Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to my in-car from last weekend...

My day 1 'fast' run:
YouTube - SCCA Solo Wendover National Tour 2010 Day 1 - SMF #67

Day 2 'fast' run:
YouTube - SCCA Solo Wendover National Tour 2010 Day 2 - SMF #67

Happy to find that the combination of the KAAZ, the Quaife rack, and r-compounds is really not bad - going in and out of grid, impound, etc. sucks but other than that it's not nearly the handful I thought it might be.

Unfortunately, the car isn't anywhere near fully prepped for SMF, and the driver (ie ME) is still SLOOOOWWWW.

Times both days were about 10s slower than the class winner (4-time SS national champ and Evo instructor, in a very well prepped car).

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
use to go to the drags on sunday in wendover back in the streetracing days lol

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
How do you like the Kaaz with a manual rack?

Im running a Kaaz LSD in the Rally Civic, it kicked my wifes ass when we had the manual rack in it, she hated driving it. I did a power steering conversion in it and now she loves it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
SMF = Slow Muther Fockers?????

:3dbiggrin:

I think thats where my CRX ends up simply because of the Y8 head and intake.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like the Kaaz with a manual rack?

Im running a Kaaz LSD in the Rally Civic, it kicked my wifes ass when we had the manual rack in it, she hated driving it. I did a power steering conversion in it and now she loves it.
I haven't had any complaints about it - it's a workout getting in and out of grid etc, but I think that's really just the quick manual rack, nothing to do with the Kaaz. Truthfully, the only things I can think of wouldn't really change between manual and power steering - letting go of the wheel is a no-no (unless you want to go straight), and the abrupt-lift turn-in can be a little jarring - but I haven't noticed that anywhere other than tooling around on the road.

Once it's at speed, no complaints whatsoever.

I believe that my kaaz is set up for less than 100% lock, so that may make a difference.

We'll see what my wife says - she's driving the car for her first ever autocross on Memorial day...

SMF = Slow Muther Fockers?????

:3dbiggrin:

I think thats where my CRX ends up simply because of the Y8 head and intake.
For me, sure. I think once (if?) people start building cars to the limit of the rules, it should be pretty quick.

As far as I know the winning mini had the following major changes:
* Pulleys for more S/C boost
* 275 width hoosiers
* wing (not huge) on the back.
They were something like 500 lbs over their min weight - times were faster than ST, but still slower than C/D/F SP and SM and SSM.

I think if you took a ED hatch, dropped a built B20 or a K20, and did all the aero work and lightening work, it could be quite quick. (Min weight for SMF 4-passenger 2.0L n/a would be 1800 lbs.) Probably don't need to make more than about 200whp for autox - I've heard that most of the DP miata guys are stopping w/ power at about ~240, because they can't use any more than that.

ProSolo videos coming soon... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts