Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well okay. i have a 93 hb cx. d15b8 is the motor. 150k. trans will go if i keep the motor.

so here it is.

the goal is to hit 13s. without building the bottom end, and not swapping to a b or a h motor.

the part list i was think is as follewed

y8/z6 head
intake mani
14b turbo
hondata
exhaust
not using dsm 450 seeing thati can get new rc for less then 300 why risk it. dsm shit never work right even on there own cars:p
frount mount intercooler.

my car has two racing seats, that will be installed in the next couple of weeks, will this set-up get me into the 13s? for cheap.

or i can just swap in a b16 i already have a b16 block with 30k on it, just need to find the rest of the crap.

the b16 build would be the follewing list of mods

b16- trans and motor
cams
intake mani
header
exhaust
intake
adjustable cam gears
vafc

what do you think? D or B, i would really have no clue what would be faster, seeing the D would be boosted and the B would be a nasty cammed N/A car.

damn plz help me:hammer:

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
after you get all the parts for the D and piece everything together you could have a b16. with my cx hatch with just intake header exhaust i hit 14.7......... if i woulda had slicks it woulda been a lot faster. but if it was turbo i kno i could def hit 13's. this was just taking out back seats...i say go with the n/a b16 just because it will be more reliable/effecient! it all comes down to personal prefrence. 13's are do able with both setups..

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
both will hit 13's. if u wanna build ur d or build the b16 u have. its really up to what you wanna do. i like the d because its the under dog. i always loved beating b series swapped civics with my single cam. the look on there faces are priceless

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the thing. i dont have all the parts for the B yet. my old 93 hatch si with a b16 swap went 14.7 could have gotten a 14.5 i wasnt driving it. i was told just a b16 swap into a cx would be around the 14.1 and the 13.9 marker. but i am kinda iffy seeing my hatch went 14.7 but then again it wasnt tuned. and it was off timing from installing the gsr cams. but then again having a D beat up on v8s and the Bs is always good.hmmmi have no clue. on what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts