Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been NA for a loong time now and most of you have seen my car before.

then i drove SOHC_rules CRX which he just turboed with a little t25, thats when my build started. Ive been scowering the internet for deals and this is everything i have so far (rc 440's not pictured)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

i just need a few more mandrel bends to be safe I plan on using my old CAI as my cold side plumbing if i cant find more 2.5" bends i might just go with some PVC on some of the cold side lol

so far 400 bucks not bad :) if anyone has a welder and a spare block I can use to mock stuff up on around NH would be great :)

all parts going on this car

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
lookin' foward to the outcome...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Start saving to replace that turbo now, or get one that will last before you put it all together.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Start saving to replace that turbo now, or get one that will last before you put it all together.
this one will be fine :) im going to run a restrictor so the seals hold

I have a friend who used (and is still using) for 20,000 miles with no issues

thanks for the kind works guys, hope i can get rocking on the build in a week or so
also a quick question i need to clock the turbo so it faces the "right" way you see any issues with that? turbo to block clearance ect?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
this one will be fine :) im going to run a restrictor so the seals hold

I have a friend who used (and is still using) for 20,000 miles with no issues

thanks for the kind works guys, hope i can get rocking on the build in a week or so
also a quick question i need to clock the turbo so it faces the "right" way you see any issues with that? turbo to block clearance ect?

So he got the 1 in 10 that lasts, how lucky do you feel then? It's not the oil seals that fail on those turbos, it's the bearings.

To clock it you loosen the bolts and move the housings where you need them. Make sure the oil drain on the center housing is pointed straight down.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So he got the 1 in 10 that lasts, how lucky do you feel then? It's not the oil seals that fail on those turbos, it's the bearings.

To clock it you loosen the bolts and move the housings where you need them. Make sure the oil drain on the center housing is pointed straight down.
im very lucky hot streak in poker the other night!!

I know what your saying but this is a beginer and learner turbo kit on a college student budget so what do you expect? lol

I do appreciate the heads up though rep+

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
looking good.. clean looking car. cant wait to see it up and runnin some boost

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Worst comes to worst you can get a rebuild kit (garret internals) off of ebay for under a bill and rebuild that turbo if / when it goes.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks I got the turbo from here for 80 shipped so it with garret internals that 180 if it ever gets messed up.

thanks for the kind words H2Bcivic :D

I will be tuning it on crome pro until i can get my hands on some delicious eCtune. yuuummmyyyy lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good start, keep up posted on more pics.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
If your going to eventually get ectune why even bother with crome pro? Just use crome free and freelog and save the 149 dollars.

My ebay turbo with function 7 .060 restrictor has been fine for going on a little over a year now and maybe 10k plus so I wouldnt worry about it for now.Make sure you get a dump tube made.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your going to eventually get ectune why even bother with crome pro? Just use crome free and freelog and save the 149 dollars.

My ebay turbo with function 7 .060 restrictor has been fine for going on a little over a year now and maybe 10k plus so I wouldnt worry about it for now.Make sure you get a dump tube made.
I already have crome pro from an earlier build

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i hope you got that kit already made to work around the fogs, or your going to have to pull them out. but it looks good so far. egay turbo or not, boost is still boost, as long as the fucker does its job. GL

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hope you got that kit already made to work around the fogs, or your going to have to pull them out. but it looks good so far. egay turbo or not, boost is still boost, as long as the fucker does its job. GL
yea ill have to work it all around the fog light

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is what i need to do this next time around.
yea no way i can go w/o fogs they look too nice.

no more pics turbo timer just showed up and the lc1 will soon

on the timer what you think i should set it for? 2 min for normal driving and 6 for a hard run?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts