·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
WOW!! That's gonna blow up real good soon.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ok my new turbo arrived... no go coz everything was way off measurements etc. so I took off my old T3/T04e 57trim and welded 1/2 of the fins (not fully closed shut as you can see) on the hotside used to spool @ 3000rpm & get 5psi @4000rpm now only 2400rpm & get 5psi by 3500rpm.
Duh, same gas volume, smaller opening. Of course it's goinng to spin faster the exhaust wants out!

way more torque(throttle response was amazing too) @ around 2000 rpm it feelz like my dads supercharged v8 now ^^....
You could have run a 1.25" downpipe for the same result. All he's done is shift the powerband down the RPM range.

weight increase by a total of 3.5grams (6 fins) + maybe 2-3 more grams from the stainless steel weld spots (pic was taken when finz had minimal weld spots). btw it has a bit of the whining sound when spooling ... I like it alot but letz see how long it'll last.
KABOOM!!!!

the other reason why i didnt use the small T3 turbo was coz the cold side was way too small(hotside A/R .48) about 3inchz smaller in diameter
But THIS is better?

another half assed job by copex below-
So he's done shit this stupid before? Great, I'm glad I'm halfway around the world so I don't have to deal with him

Wow, if there wasen't a picture I'd say it was a joke.

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
did anyone listen to it in the video? it sounds cool, but sounded like my turbo when i didn't balance the shaft after a rebuild.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
pointless

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Someone should ban him from turbo privileges for life or at least stand beside him watching everything he does and kick him in the nuts if he even looks like hes thinking about doing something that stupid again.

·
Registered
1998 Civic coupe ex
97 Posts
as we say in the Corps Tight work , tight work mf. i need to get stationed in Au so i can find this dumbass and kick him in the nutz after beating the shit out of him. I mean DAMN.:confused::mad:

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
i dont see why people are getting angry at him, its his own turbo he can do whatever he wants with it. granted its a dumb idea, like body kits and lisa lampanelli but it happens.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Why would anyone ruin their turbo?? The guy was a moron for sure... He should practice welding an exhaust or something....

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
did anyone listen to it in the video? it sounds cool, but sounded like my turbo when i didn't balance the shaft after a rebuild.
that's because he just fucked up the balance of it. noise was probably also friction; but you have something that spins like 80,000RPMs right there(maybe even more); so the level of precision has to be high.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts