Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to weld up the differential on a d16a6 tranny? I would also like to know where to get a manuals or something to help me rebuild a transsmission out of all these blown ones i have sitting around. THanks

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
I talked to a few shops about that, its not worth rebuilding from what I hear, parts alone are kind pricey, and its no cake walk to rebuild one either.... Its cheaper in the long run just to buy another one, as far as welding the spider gears in the transmission, I would just look into buying an LSD.......phantom grip is a good start

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
d-dog said:
you actually just weld the spider gears together while there in the diff. that prevents the free independant turning of each axle and makes it posi. hope I helped.
yep, weld the teeth together, turn it, weld them together again, and so on.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
not quite posi, more like noslip diff. i did this in one of my old fords, thing would do flatspins like no other

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
and make sure you dont do pussy ass welds either. take your time, do it right

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
i don't get why you'd weld a diff on a car, unless it's a track only machine..? oh, and i think haynes makes general manuals for transmissions

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
OniFactor said:
i don't get why you'd weld a diff on a car, unless it's a track only machine..?
cause you have to be a sav :twisted: :mikej:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had an jdm oem lsd obd0 trannsmission and something blew up inside it kus i had a act stage3 and i liked to chirp both wheels in 1st,2nd,and 3rd. JDM lsd sucks. Id still like to know how to rebuild transsmissions becouse i have so many of them sitting around that iether just have 1st,2nd,or 3rd missiing. Also the reason i wanted to weld the diff besides the fact that im gona have like 300hp is it mite strengthen the diff. I know transsmission are only 250 but i would like to build one with lsd and custome gearing or something.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
welded diff = make a turn, and your tranny binds, though. it's not streetable. the more you turn with it, the more likely it is to break, when you go to launch... phantom grip would be better.. i think they have a set of extra clutchpacks that make it stick more, straight lining it

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
Hey dont save her! You say you had a lsd jdm trans? Just curios you say OBD0 so it must have been cable...right, really interested to find out, I was told they did NOT make a cable lsd tranny from honda!! Please tell me other wise!! I have a hydro one, but need a cable one!

·
Registered
344 Posts
hondajosh said:
Hey dont save her! You say you had a lsd jdm trans? Just curios you say OBD0 so it must have been cable...right, really interested to find out, I was told they did NOT make a cable lsd tranny from honda!! Please tell me other wise!! I have a hydro one, but need a cable one!

i thought some zc's came with the lsd in it..could be wrong.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was an obd0 cable transsmission. It was kinda dirty so i didnt see the code but it had lsd and im pretty shure it wasnt a gaulife or phantome grip. Also the transmission blew up like the jdm lsd are know for not wanting to hold more than 140hp. I was only running a stock d16a6 but i had a act stage 3 and motor mount stiffners so i could grab both front tires in 1st,2nd, and 3rd. I think the diff blew, unlike my other trannys where only 1 gear would go out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts