Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
short story: i just started to throw a code 22. i have a y8 swaped into an EK. and i had it boosted.

i did a custom oil line feed so i could run my oil pressure gauge. and now im throwing this code. i did have to cut the oil pressure sensor wire when i moved the sensor to the fire wall. could this be where the problem is? the wires to the ECU have been double and tripple checked (i didnt have the plugs so i ran one to the ECU and grounded the other and then that didnt work so i reversed them) i also cleaned the whole switch, took it off, cleaned it made sure the pin went up and down then replaced it. still threw the code. tried a different one. still didnt work.

the olny other wire i havent checked is the oil pressure switch. would the computer need a signal from the sensor to run vtec?

any help would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i think the problem is when you cut the wires to transfer to the firewall. i would make sure you have a good connection for the one to the ecu and the ground. check the oil pressure switch also. all this could be throwing a code for this. and yes the computer would need a signal from the sensor to run the vtec. good luck man

1 - 2 of 2 Posts