Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It has shiny convex dished side, and a circular rough concave round face.. I did search the site for 20 mins before posting, but I’m sure I wasn’t calling it the right part.. what the hell is it?? Part of the shift linkage, casting debris?? I am at a loss, and nobody on YouTube talks about a piece like this??

BTW, it’s from a 1992-95 civic ex 5 speed S20

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
Steel or alum.?
Did you split the case apart?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Transex, thanks for the inquiry/reply.. it is not magnetic! It’s also very light weight, so almost certainly alum.

Hi Transex, thanks for the inquiry/reply.. it is not magnetic! It’s also very light weight, so almost certainly alum.
Also, does anybody know if this goes to tranny? It was in parts lot..

Also, does anybody know if this goes to tranny? It was in parts lot..

Hi Transex, yes, I completely rebuilt the P20 using one of those amazon rebuild kits with seals, bearings, and syncros

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
I think at some point we've all called him that, either direct typo or autocorrect haha.. he likes getting freaky with them transmissions (y)
It is how it is spelled in Europe, I only found that out about 5 years after choosing the username.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
That newer part you listed doesn't belong in any Honda transmission I've worked on.

That little piece has to be a part of the case, I've seen one before but can;t recall right now from where. I will look tonight, but it's not a good sign.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Transzex!! I’m anxious to hear what you come up with. This tranny had a fubar input bearing, but everything is rebuilt and put together, I just didn’t want to seal it up until I knew for sure that wasn’t a missing part in the linkage or something.. thanks in advance! The gears did look good, the syncros looked good too, the input bearing was shot and gave up her balls pretty easily.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
I could see the bad ISB on the workbench.

The bad news, you punch a hole in the transmissions case, likely used a bolt (too long) where the stud normally was on the passenger side mount to outer case.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,535 Posts
in for pics lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
I have them on my PC. I still have the internals from Mark's transmission

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could see the bad ISB on the workbench.

The bad news, you punch a hole in the transmissions case, likely used a bolt (too long) where the stud normally was on the passenger side mount to outer case.
Thanks Transzex, I will look for holes in case in just a bit. Dumb question: can I use some JB weld to fill in hole in lieu of getting a new used outer case half? I’m all about getting this on the road, no necessarily showroom condition rebuild ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey All,

I inspected the case half really well, and I didn’t see any through holes anywhere that would equate to leaks . So I confidently ROTC’s thecase halves, screwed her together, tapped/lightly dropped the other case side to set the “c” clip, and she is ready togo into car. I have hit a stoppage in that process, I’m gathering all the parts to convert the auto to manual, and I’m having to get different mounts and annoying stuff, so I’ll update when I get everything together!! Thanks All!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts