Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there,

i'm having some problem and i wanted to ask you guys 1st before i get crazy. anyways heres my problem..my car runs fine but sometime when i hit the break..not even hard i hear a clicking noise and the if i press the break harder it hear a squeeeking noise+ the click noise gets louder.. i think its a break think but i also think its a wheel bearing or so..any info would be greatful.

thanks gao

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
you can check the wheel bearings by grabbing the top of the wheel itself and try and shake it, if it wobbles, bangs or moves back and forth then the bearing is out or going out (time to replace it). This goes for all four wheel bearings.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i think too..but it weird..it only makes the noise when i break..going forward..if i go backward and break..it dont make a noise at all..

well thanks i'll do somemore testing..

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
let me know how its going

·
Ikillyoutillyoudiefromit
07 Si Sedan
389 Posts
Do a brake job man. I had the exact same clicking problem with my car. It's only the brakes so breathe easy...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot guys..yeah i just got my rotor turn and my break pad only 2month old..hehe took them back to autozone for my lifetime crap and i got new pads...

its a bit better now..but i can still hear it..sometime..heheh..i retight every bolt
over again..and it went away...sound like i need an AEM big break job...

Thanks alot guysz..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts