Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran through a very deep puddle about three days ago. I didn't know that the area i was driving was even flooded till all this water came splashing up all over the place, so I just floored it till I got out of the deep end and I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of a flooded area with a stalled car. Two days later this weird "Whirring" sound is coming from my engine. I have never heard this noise before from my car. Could it be that since my car was submerged that there is a problem with a bearing from my crank pulley or something. My car runs, but that sound is irrating to me and I don't want to run into any problems, since this is my daily driver. How do I fix this problem and get rid of the noise. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
98DXSLPR said:
I ran through a very deep puddle about three days ago. I didn't know that the area i was driving was even flooded till all this water came splashing up all over the place, so I just floored it till I got out of the deep end and I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of a flooded area with a stalled car. Two days later this weird "Whirring" sound is coming from my engine. I have never heard this noise before from my car. Could it be that since my car was submerged that there is a problem with a bearing from my crank pulley or something. My car runs, but that sound is irrating to me and I don't want to run into any problems, since this is my daily driver. How do I fix this problem and get rid of the noise. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Did the car bog at all when you went through the water? If so then you could have done internal damage...if not then it could be your timing belt/alternator/ac/ps...anything that spins.

Does it increase with speed? or rpm?

Vince

·
Registered
934 Posts
you might just have water in the combustion chamber. It should go away when it drys. It happened to my accord with the aem cold air. after a day or so it was fine.

You might want to check your header though, since water splashed all over it might have gotten on the header and cracked it. you might want to pop the hood and rev it to see where its comming from. that wizzing sounds like it might be cracked. good luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apex001 said:
you might just have water in the combustion chamber. It should go away when it drys. It happened to my accord with the aem cold air. after a day or so it was fine.

You might want to check your header though, since water splashed all over it might have gotten on the header and cracked it. you might want to pop the hood and rev it to see where its comming from. that wizzing sounds like it might be cracked. good luck!
I'll check on it today. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
how does the car run otherwise? does it vibrate? or is it just the noise? did the car die out when you went into the water?? my brother did the same thing in his saab and he had the same noise.. it turned out to be a belt tensioner.. i guess the water got into it and it didnt want to spin like it should and made the noise .....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
konigcivic said:
how does the car run otherwise? does it vibrate? or is it just the noise? did the car die out when you went into the water?? my brother did the same thing in his saab and he had the same noise.. it turned out to be a belt tensioner.. i guess the water got into it and it didnt want to spin like it should and made the noise .....
The car did not die out, although I had to gas it so that I could make it out of the puddle, other than that, the car ran fine, and is still running fine. What did your brother do to fix the problem?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
it was a belt tensioner.. we used a stethoscope to search for the sound and found it. you can buy the stethoscope at part stores for around 10 bucks.. then you can search around for the sounds ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts