Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 96 ex with the greddy 15g turbo set to 8lbs and tuned with crome EMS... car runs great... I am running the ngk 2 step colder plugs... well I figure I am gona change the plugs out being its been 6 months... so I did and ever since that my car somtimes right when it gets into boost... stumbles and misfires and sometimes it doesnt.... its weird.... pisses me off? bad gap? I have them at .030.....? I dunno what ya think...?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Ok I have a 96 ex with the greddy 15g turbo set to 8lbs and tuned with crome EMS... car runs great... I am running the ngk 2 step colder plugs... well I figure I am gona change the plugs out being its been 6 months... so I did and ever since that my car somtimes right when it gets into boost... stumbles and misfires and sometimes it doesnt.... its weird.... pisses me off? bad gap? I have them at .030.....? I dunno what ya think...?
thats weird.....youd think it would run better with the new plugs.......are they gapped the same?

try gapping them to like .027.......maybe that little closer gap will fix the problem.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
.030 should be fine on the gap. Make sure all the plug wires are on good, and the plugs are tight.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Did you just recently fill up at a different gas station? I would also try tightening up the gap. I have to run .026-.028 or that happens.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you just recently fill up at a different gas station? I would also try tightening up the gap. I have to run .026-.028 or that happens.
so gapem lower huh? okay... yeah its weird... sometimes it doesnt do and sometimes it just sputters and stumbles bad... lol... Illl try a few different things here...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how tight do u want the plugs to be? hand tight? cause they were in fit, but not very tight....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they need to be tighter than just hand tight...
yeah I losened them up and tightened them down more than before... so far so good... if all else fails I just get a new set of plugs and gap them to like .028 or something along those lines.... thanks guys!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts