Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is a 91 hatch, dohc ZC I/H/E and pm7 ecu...its a STD hatch so when i did the swap i had to wire up the MPFI and cam sensor...well at idle it misses real bad, idle surges from time to time but the main part is the exhaust gets really heavy at time, eases up and then gets heavy again, and by heavy i mean it has more pressure coming out of the pipe almost like theres a heavy load on the engine

also every so often ill be driving and the CEL comes on, but no code is thrown on the ECU, but the CEL on the dash will come on for a few seconds and then go off. but it did throw the #1 cylinder position code once, but everything is in time as perfect as it can get...any ideas???need to get this fixed it idles like SHIT!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
what exhaust are you running? my the check engine light (with no codes) would come on when i had my HF exhaust and do high speed (rpm) runs. the pipe was to restrictive and the muffler half clogged. i now have a 4-2-1 header, 2 1/2" pipe, 2 1/2" carsound high flow cat, and high flow muffler. have not seen the check engine light for 6 months

·
Registered
119 Posts
did you figure it out? a kid came by my house the other day and said his was doing it and we found out he had a intake leak that was making his problem

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
my hatch does this every now and then it will throw the cel in dash and then look down and ecu throwing a fuel injector code and then it goes away, how i dont know but it does

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my hatch does this every now and then it will throw the cel in dash and then look down and ecu throwing a fuel injector code and then it goes away, how i dont know but it does
but thats the thing...it dosnt throw a code on the ecu..CEL comes on for a few seconds and goes off

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i know the code will flash maybe two or three times and then go away. if you dont have your carpet pulled up you cant see it in time

·
Registered
30 Posts
check your sparks plugs if they are burn or for the correct gap, ignition system like the rotor and cap, other wise check your timing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts