Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i own a boosted D16z6 and recently my clutch line blew so i had to replace the hole system in order to finally get pressure to my clutch. Anyway, ive noticed that ever since i put all my couplers and piping back on (i had to take them off in order to have access to the clutch lines) my car now seems to have surging idle at times and sometimes rev hangs when i shift (it literally stays at the rpm of when i press in the clutch to shift).

i live in montreal and its currently -1 Celsius and ive had people told me it could be just because of the cold weather but i doubting thats the case.

I also doubt i have a vacuum leak because all my lines look pretty new.

anyone have any thoughts?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Make sure you didn't kink the throttle cable somewhere or the cruise control cable and make sure they are routed properly. Also the throttle cable could be sticking if it is going bad.

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you didn't kink the throttle cable somewhere or the cruise control cable and make sure they are routed properly. Also the throttle cable could be sticking if it is going bad.
no kink in the throttle cable and i was actually thinking of deleting the cruise control unit, would that help? i suspected that it could be the throttle cable sticking however when i pull on it by hand it never seems to stick

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You didn't disturb any vacuum lines when doing this?

The clutch system is 100% independent and uses no electronics or vacuum so I just don't see how fixing this would cause another problem unless you removed (on purpose or accidental) something to get to the system.

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't disturb any vacuum lines when doing this?

The clutch system is 100% independent and uses no electronics or vacuum so I just don't see how fixing this would cause another problem unless you removed (on purpose or accidental) something to get to the system.
none at all, could be by coincidence that when i fix one problem another one appears.

i was thinking it might be the Idle Air control valve?

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IACV or FITV were my first thoughts, but I don't see how these could be affected by changing the clutch. Like you said, could be a coincidence. Worth checking, couldn't hurt and it's easy enough.
no kink in the throttle cable and i was actually thinking of deleting the cruise control unit, would that help? i suspected that it could be the throttle cable sticking however when i pull on it by hand it never seems to stick
Ill have a look at that thread, thank you :)

as for the cruise control unit i just finished removing it and still the same problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it turns out to be the IACV try soaking it in WD40 for a while, the master tech at the honda dealer near me said to do that before buying a new one.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
If it turns out to be the IACV try soaking it in WD40 for a while, the master tech at the honda dealer near me said to do that before buying a new one.
I fixed mine once by taking it off and spraying it out with carb cleaner. Worked great

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
375 Posts
Is it possible it could be the tune because the car's tuned for warmer weather. It seems to be a bit better now that its warmer outside
Well, you do get wide temperature ranges where you are.
On the other hand, isn't dealing with air density partly what an ECU's for? (I note that a typical range in inland Northern Japan is -10 to +30 C (14 to 86 F)

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Is it possible it could be the tune because the car's tuned for warmer weather. It seems to be a bit better now that its warmer outside
Weird idles during colder weather are usually FITV related in my experience. I suppose your tune could have something to do with it, but can't say for certain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts