Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic ex
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed my car since the temperature (Louisiana) has been starting to climb, i've been getting weird idle issues and my IAT sensor threw a code, figured simple, went to honda and got a new one. Install it, same issue and same code. Only happens at idle, it will drop down to damn near 200rpm and feel like it wants to bog down, so i'll turn the AC on to counter it and it jumps to 1k. I was thinking the IACV but when I unplug the IAT the problem disappears, idles at 7-800 like should be doing. any ideas? I'm usually good with the electrical stuff but at this point did I get a DOA IAT? or is there another part I should be looking into? MAP? TPS? anything daisy chained from the IAT that unplugging causes the other parts problem to go away? Or should I just say screw it and leave it unplugged? I DD commute the car 100 miles round trip and have no other known issues at the moment as I have replaced all wear items as a precaution since I drive the car so much. Car has 170k and is a 5mt 97 Civic EX w/ I/H/E and that is it.

·
Registered
97 civic ex
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one, then GF sold her car and left it in it few months back, guess ill be buying a new one soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts