Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm a total noob but i'm just wondering if its possible to swap a D15 series engine into a 94 integra.
If any of the more experianced guys could help that would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Absolutely Pointless!

why stick a D in an Integra. Unless it's fully built and turboed, it's gonna be a waste of time and resources IMHO.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
That's almost like people wanting to put D's into the heavy Preludes. which is not the right engine for the job. between a B and D is not so large of a difference but remember it's more than just about power numbers. mass and weight play a factor too, which will determine what is the best engine. Honda put B's in Integra's and never had a D series option after 1990 (me thinks), so they knew what the car needed to be peppy. Torque.

·
Registered
311 Posts
pointless

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since your all asking, i'm worried that the stock b18b1 may not last in the car i'm buying (1994 integra ls for $1500 bucks) so i'm looking for a temporary swap for reliability (which is where the d15 comes in $900) until i got enough dough to throw in a higher end b series engine in it.
So engine mounts is all i need for this swap to work or anything else?

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Since your all asking, i'm worried that the stock b18b1 may not last in the car i'm buying (1994 integra ls for $1500 bucks) so i'm looking for a temporary swap for reliability (which is where the d15 comes in $900) until i got enough dough to throw in a higher end b series engine in it.
I had a B18A1 and 5 speed trans for $300 bucks and i lived in Northern Canada at the time. so if i can find that deal then you should be able to find a good B18 somewhere. If i were to go and do the B swap, like i planned, i could get another for $500 easy. If you already had the D then i guess you could do it, but to pay for a D15 to stick into a teg is a silly thing to do.

Just search CG for B18's or go to your local scrapyard. The B18A1 or B1 is not a seriously desired motor and most people swap them out for B18C1's or B18C5's and just leave the rest for nature to have.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
I had a B18A1 and 5 speed trans for $300 bucks and i lived in Northern Canada at the time. so if i can find that deal then you should be able to find a good B18 somewhere. If i were to go and do the B swap, like i planned, i could get another for $500 easy. If you already had the D then i guess you could do it, but to pay for a D15 to stick into a teg is a silly thing to do.

Just search CG for B18's or go to your local scrapyard. The B18A1 or B1 is not a seriously desired motor and most people swap them out for B18C1's or B18C5's and just leave the rest for nature to have.
300?!. i desire them more then vtec b's

anyway here is some info on the swap.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1215162&page=1

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts

·
turn up tha boost !
Honda
1,193 Posts
lol...a $900 D15...lol

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
what engine/tranny mounts would you use to swap a D-series engine into an integra?

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
i take it nobody knows haha. i wonder if you would just use b-series mounts on the d-series engine to fit it in the bay

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
i take it nobody knows haha. i wonder if you would just use b-series mounts on the d-series engine to fit it in the bay
My guess is the reverse of a B-series swap in place of a D-series engine LOL.
Seems counter-productive to me, but who am i to say. Not to say the D is a bad engine (I love the D!) but the B18 in the existing chassis has more torque for the slightly heavier chassis of the Integra. A D15 would seem a little winded pulling that around, it's pretty heavy for a smaller displacement engine but that is just my silly opinion :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
what gives you the indication that the engine in the teg won't last? does it blow oil? have a rod knock?

d15 in a teggy....you bring shame to your family lol...seriously tho, 900 bucks would probably be more than enough coin to rebuild the b18 anyways...and more than enough for ANOTHER b18 instead of a d15..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Drive a D15 automatic Civic for a while.............D15 5 speed Teg will be fine.

Honda prefered the D16 to move dat Teg ass, but D15 will do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts