Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Coupe & 98 Hatch
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Evening I hope everyones weekend is going better than mine. LOL

I have a 98 D16Y7 - Bone stock in a CX hatch.

Yesterday I through a CEL code p1456 - Figured it was the gas cap so I replaced it.

Now I have this weird Issue where no matter what speed or gear I am in if I step on the clutch the car drops to 300-400 rpms. Also if I am coming to a light and put the car in neutral it does the same thing drops to 300-400 RPMS until I stop then it slowly goes back to normal. This only occurs when the car has warmed up to temperature.

The car shows no real signs of dying or stalling. you can feel the drop in the RPMS. I hooked up a buddies fuel mileage or something computer (connects to the obd2 port) that shows digital RPMS just to verify it wasn't my tach off. I replaced the fuel filter to day (had no clue how old it was).

The car runs fine otherwise, it is not sluggish or anything. Also I replaced cap rotor wires, plugs and air filter 1 month ago.

Thanks in advance for you help!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 94 d16z6 but I also have a little miss at idle. I thought it was my rotor in the dizzy so I replaced that and then did plugs and wires. I should have done a test on the parts in the dizzy to see what is actually wrong because I still get a little miss at idle when the car is warm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts