Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been having a weird problem lately. when i do full throttle pulls my AFR acts weird, when i first installed my innovate wideband it would go smoothly through the whole power band at roughly 11.8-12.0 but for the last few weeks its been acting up and running lean top end, i turned the fuel pressure up to compensate so its safe but it runs rich low end. what exactly happens is AFR goes from 10.3 up to 12.2 at 4300 rpm and 7 lbs of boost. every time it jumps at the exact same rpm exact same boost and through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. now i know that these widebands often need to be reset. im going to reset the wideband and see if it fixes it and if not i will be hooking up a fuel pressure gauge and run it somewhere where i can see it while driving to see if the pumps on its way out. i just want to know your opinions on this as i don't want to blow my motor and miss my good gas mileage. cruising my car runs at 13.0 lol

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
If nothing changes after performing a fresh free air calibration, fix the problem with your fuel delivery system or your tune. If the problem is that consistent, I highly doubt it is a problem with the wideband.

Supposedly I am in the minority, but I have had no major issues with the two LC-1s that I have been running for the past 6 or so years. Granted, I had a turbo car for a pretty short period of time, but even with that setup I didn't have to recalibrate all the time, etc.

First thing I would have done if it is leaning out up top is check and/or replace the fuel filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If nothing changes after performing a fresh free air calibration, fix the problem with your fuel delivery system or your tune. If the problem is that consistent, I highly doubt it is a problem with the wideband.

Supposedly I am in the minority, but I have had no major issues with the two LC-1s that I have been running for the past 6 or so years. Granted, I had a turbo car for a pretty short period of time, but even with that setup I didn't have to recalibrate all the time, etc.

First thing I would have done if it is leaning out up top is check and/or replace the fuel filter.
that's something i didn't think of, i don't remember if i have replaced it before, ill calibrate it and if it doesn't work ill change the filter as maint. and if it still persists i will check the pressure, i would assume its not the tune as i never touched it and it randomly started doing it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather? Or you got a gnome under the hood like me. Lol
Sometimes mines will lean to 12:1 in 3rd while at 10psi 5k.
Doesnt happen all the time tho.

But yea recali the o2 and see if that changes because a 13:1 cruis is to rich.
ya i don't think its weather, happens every time every gear, but ya its embarrassing sitting at a light for a while then a big puff of smoke from all the gas... i need to get my ostrich to actually dial it in as its dialed in with fuel pressure, it was at 39psi before this happened just so i don't run too rich, but now its back to 45. my girlfriends moving so ive been real busy the last few days so hopefully in the next few days ill be able to take a look at it and ill let you all know how the calibration goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts