Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car for a test drive today. A little history:
D16Y7 stock
Greddy 15g kit
RC 650cc injectors
Neptune basemap

The car has ran before with no issues, no leaks etc. I took it out today on a quick 2mile test run to make sure everything is kosher and so everything will settle in suspension wise and retorue it. Poped my hood to triple check for leaks and noticed this:

Thinking I crapped a seal I checked my fluid levels and all was full. Let it cool down a little, wiped the oil off and took it out again for a longer duration, about 5.5 miles.

Got back and looked again and it was clean. I know my oil pressure is a tad high. 80psi cold idle, 60psi warm idle, 90psi @ WOT operating temprature.

Seems to be fine now but the initial 2mile run with some oil showing up on the compressor housing concerns me. Maybe it's just some vented oil from the VC to turbo inlet pipe?

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
ditch the hose from the vc to the tuirbo inlet pipe !!!!

Just vent the vc to the ground or put a filter on it.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ditch the hose from the vc to the tuirbo inlet pipe !!!!

Just vent the vc to the ground or put a filter on it.
I'm working on a catch can, just need to get paid so I can buy my filters and take my VC to work to weld on the -8an fittings

General position of where it will be:

·
Registered
383 Posts
So I took my car for a test drive today. A little history:
D16Y7 stock
Greddy 15g kit
RC 650cc injectors
Neptune basemap

The car has ran before with no issues, no leaks etc. I took it out today on a quick 2mile test run to make sure everything is kosher and so everything will settle in suspension wise and retorue it. Poped my hood to triple check for leaks and noticed this:

Thinking I crapped a seal I checked my fluid levels and all was full. Let it cool down a little, wiped the oil off and took it out again for a longer duration, about 5.5 miles.

Got back and looked again and it was clean. I know my oil pressure is a tad high. 80psi cold idle, 60psi warm idle, 90psi @ WOT operating temprature.

Seems to be fine now but the initial 2mile run with some oil showing up on the compressor housing concerns me. Maybe it's just some vented oil from the VC to turbo inlet pipe?

Youll know if you crapped a seal if half your engine oil is pooling in your intercooler a lil mist is nothing really

·
Registered
487 Posts
Like stated, just vent your VC to atmosphere and plug the hole to the intake pipe where the VC hose went to. I wouldn't worry about what you're seeing on the turbo inlet. My old 15G had the same thing and I never had an issue with it. Unless oil is all inside your charge pipes I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll vent stuff later this week, do a few more test runs when the cop next door isn't home, and pop the i/c pipe off to look for oil.

Yes, I have to wait until the cop isn't home... I don't have tags for teh car yet lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Run ur wg vaccum line from a vaccum manifold, faster spool. I have the same set up but with a y8 tranny which is a great upgrade from that stupid y7 tranny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts