Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
The stock bumpers(especially HF's), aren't any real protection either. They're for like 5-10mph impacts IIRC.

Really, any of the older cars(like 89 and older really) could be considered unsafe. No real side impact beams here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that would be a dumb part to put on a street car. i see that as zero protection in a rear end accedent.

maybe its just me but 10 lbs < protecting yourself.

also, shouldn't this be in a different section. like the sponsors FS section? :confused:

aka this section: http://d-series.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Well, I am promoting more awareness of the part than anything else. I am not really trying to make an ad persay.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
why bring that up on a part that goes on an "EK"? :confused:
Because the bumper supports on the HF look like that; even the ITR. You said it's a dumb part to put on a street car; and there's street cars that already have bars like that.

·
Registered
999 Posts
its good part to have for th eones looking to save weight when they already have done most of the simple weight saving stuff

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
um, they all "look" like that. its a common bumper design....
So why would it be a "dumb" part?

I have no clue where this argument is going.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Is the rear bumper just for accidents or does it stabilize the unibody? Can I just run without it?

What about the front?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
I'd keep the original bumper on, looks pretty un-safe to me. You want all the protection you can get, and that bar aint gonna do you any good. I know the original bars dont do a whole lot, but it's better than what you put on yours.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
I love this stuff!

Are we really concerned too much about rear impact? Its not like he completely took it out.

Isnt it a honda ctr part? What happened to "If its good enough for honda its good enough for me?"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts