Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, i got a 92 civic 4 door, i want to do weight reduction anyone have any idea on that without takes out the seats???

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
lol...Listen. doing "weight reductions" to your car isnt going to help you out much. Build your engine up first..then do it.

And becides that, Your interior doesnt weigh that much.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Truck stuff, spare tire, jack, carpet etc. A/C all the lines, compressor, condensor, fans, evap, etc, maybe the heater to?. Replace front seats with lighter one but this will cost a lil money. Basically whatever you can live with out. You could take out seat belts and replace them with aftermarket racing harnesses for the front. Remove the air bags and the rear and front crach beams but i would only remove the rear and leave them if you are more concerned with safety.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the japanees engine the dual cam ZC non vtec with a tdo4 wrx turbo with a skunk2 intake manafold chipped ecu, aem fuel rail and pressure regulator, aem cam gears and greddy bolt on exhaust but i want it faster!!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Well if its turbo than you have a boost controller crank it up a lil if your motor can handle it, if not tune your car to better utilize what you have and tune it for a few more hp.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
this is why its good to have a HF crx already light then take out everthing but the seats and it gets even lighter i hade a 4 door there really is no point in it till you have almost a fully bolt on motor or built motor befor you do it i wouldnt waste the time and energy in it

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i am not sure. my parents still pay it. i will be done with school in july so then i will find out.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
aaa = 99 bucks per year 5 tows

max 100 miles per tow.

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Usaa Ftw, all the tows I need and want, saved my ass, when I had to be towed 156 miles, got to my house and it was free aww.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts