Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i decided to sacrafice my friends riding in the back seat of my car. I took out just about everything(spare,back seats, plastic interior, etc.) except for this metal brace(beam) btw it has the carpet bolted on to. This metal beam looks important but I'm not sure of i should remove it. Is it there for support in case of a side impact since it extends from one side of the car to the other. It looks heavy, and i think it would be a good idea to remove it unless it jeapordizes safety issues. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks, Mike.***note in pic its the metal piece under where the carpet begins next to the front seats....

Attachments

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i'm not sure, but i would say that it's a support, and you probably shouldn't remove it. i would say leave it there.

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
i did the same shit and thought the same shit, i got one of those egay pillar bars but i still have that beam in my car just in case it actually does have a purpose, besides that the pillar bar is for supprot of the upper part of the car since us people who have hatches don't have that metal speaker rack behind the passenger seats like the coupes do....just my .02, keep that shit in.

·
Registered
934 Posts
have you ever seen a drag civic with that tin in the car? I havent. If you looking for lower support a floor brace or nice roll cage would save you in a side impact accident rather than that sheet metal.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies....i think im gonna buy the c-pillar brace.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
but i think a roll cage and supports would take care of what that thing might be doing. if you notice, most roll cages for auto-x and such have cross bar supports.

·
Banned
939 Posts
I think that piece of metal is protecting your feed and return lines for fuel. I doubt it weighs more than two pounds.

Unless you're rail thin, your body weight fluctuates that much. I'd lose weight elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts