Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got my visors in the mail today. for 80$ shipped they are worth every dime. they are decently thick plastic with a nice light tint on them. the slide into the window channel and not on the outside. the visor actually comes all the way down to the seal at the bottom of the window and covers all of the mirror base plate where 90% of the water blows in from when the wipers are on and youre driving.

Id say they were better than the jdm ones since install is simple and clean and it didn't cost 200$.

what I cant emphasize enough is the fact that they go all the way down to the base of the mirror. jdm/stick ons only come down to the top of the mirror base plate.

pictures will be posted later

Im currently thinking of hitting the visors with the spray tint for tail lights to make them darker.

just a teaser to show the tint level

shitty double stick visor that someone at work broke
0710-120628.jpg

shitty double stick tape residue (don't have goof off right now)
0710-121052.jpg

showing it goes all the way down
0710-121716.jpg

sleeker
0710-121723.jpg

driver side
0710-121732.jpg

·
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
passenger side is the same

0710-121844.jpg

0710-121851.jpg

super easy to install, only issue I had is the window motor has a hard time going up. weather tech mentioned this and said "assist the window all the way up and let it sit for 12 hrs"

you can also see how light they really are

·
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the good thing is theyre super easy to install and remove, so when I tint them, it wont be a pain in the ass. I love em lol. what really sold me was how low they went

·
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, how far down the mirror they came. where most of the water gets slung when youre driving with the windshield wipers on. could never roll the window down to ventilate with the old ones because it would soak the door panel quickly

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
These look nice, when I replace my molding around my door(during bodywork), I am going to run these and rid myself of the stick on ones I have now.. Nice review!

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Good review man, these are definitely on my list.

I have the stick on visors and they suck ass. Like you said, it doesn't stop water from coming in if you have the window cracked. Comes in from the mirror area.

Secondly, first time I bumped them while hand washing the car (trying to clean underneath) it pulled the tape and they never stick right again.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^

Yup!

i ditched mine after 2 months and delt with the rain..

Might get these if I decide not to sell my car.

·
Registered
Aztec Green EJ2
53 Posts
Is there adhesive also or they hold on by simple pressure/friction?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts