Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TRANS SOLD, DSS AXLES STILL AVAILABLE

For sale is my Whoopee Doo Racing built D-series S40 hydro transmission. Chris at WDR built this trans for me in 2018 to be used in my 96 Civic time attack car, it was a refresh/upgrade of an earlier 2014 build also done by Chris. I used it for one weekend and it worked flawlessly, the second weekend the engine threw a rod on Saturday and the car has been sitting ever since. The engine was a near stock D16Y8. I've decided to abandon the project at this point, so my loss is your gain. Details and pictures below. Open trans pictures were taken by Chris during assembly.
  • S40 trans case, excellent condition, no cracks, stripped holes, etc. WDR countershaft bearing retention mod done. Was bead blasted by WDR prior to assembly
  • Ratios
    • 1st - 3.25 OEM
    • 2nd - 1.909 OEM
    • 3rd - 1.565 MFactory
    • 4th - 1.25 OEM 3rd gear modified
    • 5th - 1.000 MFactory
    • Final Drive - 4.25 OEM
  • Cusco RS 1.5 way LSD
  • All worn/wear items replaced with OEM parts, reused parts not listed passed inspection
    • All bearings
    • All seals
    • New syncros
    • New 2nd gear counter
    • New 4th (modified 3rd) gear main set and counter (last pair in the world)
    • New 3/4 fork
IMG_8508.JPG

I have around $2,500 into this transmission, asking $1,250 + freight. I have a specially built crate for shipping. I also have Driveshaft Shop Level 0 axles with their road racing modification (high temp grease/venting) that I used for 3-4 events. Were $500 new, asking $280. Located just North of Boston, MA.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You get chris to verify and vouch and ill be very interested in buying this

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,665 Posts
One pic tells a lot...."interesting"

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,665 Posts
The CSB retention tab? That's the main reason I had Chris go back in. The staking didn't work. Bearing isn't going anywhere with the welded tab.
I've only had that happen ONCE and green Loctite bearing retainer worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts