Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was currently going to go Turbo i had a complete Turbo kit that i Traded for a NOS Direct Port NOSzle kit and i want to figure out whats the easiest way to reach up in the high 11:5.1 or 12:2.1 compression in my D16Y8 what Bottom end and Internal Component's Should i use?

Current Setup
Skunk2 Cam gear
Skunk2 intake manifold
B&M Fuel pressure regulator
Stage 2 Exedy Clutch
8.5lbs Exedy Flywheel
4-2-1 Header
2 1/2 Straight pipe Exhuast on Dynomax Muffer

This SOHC is in a 98 Civic DX Coupe i need it running quick since it's in such heavy body i want this Single Slammer to be killing or atleast up there with B-series swaps

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
its gonna be hard (damn near impossible) to get a n/a D up to B-series hp levels... Get some high comp pistons, thinner HG, i believe there are valves that bump up compression a bit (endyn?) good luck!

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
You can easily run with a B without nitrous, but you gotta run the right combo. Use the search function and you will find all kinds of high comp threads. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
just be careful of raising compression and spraying....both create more favorable conditions for detonation.

if it were me(which its not) id do just a good metal headgasket, headstuds and stock pistons, which would keep a suitable low compression for the spray.

if you really want to raise compression and spray, thats your decision, and like SpoolinSol posted, domed pistons and thinner headgasket will raise your compression for more power.

(until you blow your motor; probly headgasket or burnt piston) <-sorry to be so negative, just my prediction

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
mill the head and take the middle layer out of the headgasket :).

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If using nitrous cast pistons won't last. Endyns Roller Wave forged pistons should do the job :TU:
Mine are 12,2:1 compression. I'm not spraying, but have achieved 150 hp to the wheels.
With a closer tranny the stock B16 won't be a problem to handle, I'm pretty convinced.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If using nitrous cast pistons won't last. Endyns Roller Wave forged pistons should do the job :TU:
Mine are 12,2:1 compression. I'm not spraying, but have achieved 150 hp to the wheels.
With a closer tranny the stock B16 won't be a problem to handle, I'm pretty convinced.
damn the D sucks at n/a...... Im still going with it just for fun tho :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Use the compression calculator to find a combo that best suits what your looking for. And I have seen an N/A D-Series that can keep up with a B. GL on the build.

·
Registered
649 Posts
hmmmm thinking of goind d16z6 block, pm7 pistons, d16z6 head, dc header, 59100 cam, skunk 2 IM, 2.5" exhaust,ex tranny, neptune tuned, wondering what it could do on a crx..?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts