Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, will probably go hit the dyno in the next couple day or so. I was just wondering wats the max psi/or yet horsepower I can push with my dsm black top 450s with 91 octane (live in Cali)??? I want to make about or close to 280-300 hp and want to know at wat psi and duty cycle am I coming close to runing out of space using the 450s? I did a roughly estimate using the calculation but wat do you guys think?

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
don't look at HP look at cfm
look at how much timing you plan on running/
& how much fuel your dumping out for every cfm

but to answer your question in a quick format:

450ccs, tuned ecu by a professional with a forged bottom-end: 15-20psi @ 300-350HP

450ccs, 12:1 FMU with a stock block: 0psi @ 106HP

bingo

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think I should signature my setup like the other guys do. Im not expecting a exact hp number, Im just wondering as a extimate and when at wat point duty cycle are you pushing the 450s too far? Anywaise heres the basic
stock z6 head
Vitara/eagle rod
FMI
48 A/R ball bearing t3 turbo
E-cutout/ (2.5 slighty biger)open header
and ofcourse 450ccs

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
I think I should signature my setup like the other guys do. Im not expecting a exact hp number, Im just wondering as a extimate and when at wat point duty cycle are you pushing the 450s too far? Anywaise heres the basic
stock z6 head
Vitara/eagle rod
FMI
48 A/R ball bearing t3 turbo
and ofcourse 450ccs
dont worry you wont hit 300 with that turbo your fine lol. you might hit 300 though but still your fine. and i doubt thats a ball bearing turbo

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, 300 at the flywheel witout pushing the 450s to the max sounds good to me (with this turbo). Yes its a ball bearing turbo, I just said its t3 bb, cause you guys wouldn't know exactly wat size the apexi bb turbo is.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
I see, 300 at the flywheel witout pushing the 450s to the max sounds good to me (with this turbo). Yes its a ball bearing turbo, I just said its t3 bb, cause you guys wouldn't know exactly wat size the apexi bb turbo is.
well thats better then next time share more info on the turbo though. but your fine dont trip.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Wow, thats right..
why do you seem surprised? knowing what a/f makes power is not something tuners only know ;).

now knowing what timing advance and retard, that is beyond me, well sort of. i can still spot were its needed and where its not. but only on a dyno. on the street, i am the suck.

i did about 70% of my tune, was only my second try at it with crome. 280 whp, not bad for my second try ;).

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you refering to whp or flywheel hp? To help you guys help me out more this turbo is comparable to a gt-28. Bare with me Im just trying to understand more of the tuning. When we did the street tune the injector was runing at high 80s percentage duty cycle, so does this mean its at a certain percent of the injectors limit?
i would say 280ish on 91 pump. turbo and octane will be your limiting factors. but hey, i am no tuner.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i hope your joking lol;)
no, sadly he is not.

Are you refering to whp or flywheel hp? To help you guys help me out more this turbo is comparable to a gt-28. Bare with me Im just trying to understand more of the tuning. When we did the street tune the injector was runing at high 80s percentage duty cycle, so does this mean its at a certain percent of the injectors limit?
1) whp.
2) someone correct me if i am wrong, but it should be a small t3.
3) you can go further then 80% cycle. its just detrimental to have it running more then that for long periods of time. just like too much fuel pressure.

edit: its really late for me, its bed time. sorry if one of my answers is wrong. i am just fried from the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts