Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone uses REDLINE WATER WETTER in there cooling system and there opition . I run 50/50 mix of water and Honda coolant. I’m doing a coolant change this year and thought about adding a 12 ounce bottle of w/w to my coolant.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
in the summer time it would be fine but this stuff doesnt protect against freezing i use it in my watercooled pocketbike lol

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
I have used it before, I liked the stuff. I was going to check my coolant temps on my scanner and then compare with the water wetter but wasn't able to last season. They claim pretty big coolant temp drops. if you mixed it with a 50/50 mix you would be safe in the winter still. They write that about no freezing point protection on the bottle because some people run like 2 bottles of water wetter and straight distilled water in there system.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i read on another site some guys run straight W/W but i don't know about that, whats the point

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
Ive never heard of strait w/w i dont think id run that. I think some guys run straight water and w/w because some tracks dont allow you to use coolant because if you had a spill its tougher to clean up than just hosing down some water. I think its a good product but i duno about buying like what 10-15 bottles to fill your coolant system, seems kinda crazy to me

·
Registered
481 Posts
I run w/w like for a year, nothing happens, same refrigeration as 50/50.....
Ps: I m in florida hot wheather 365 days of the year

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
my dad ran it all the time in his f150 its good stuff. Also Royal Purples, Purple Ice is another option

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
i use it, no complaints here. and i live at the caribbean (puerto rico), way hotter than florida.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Ive never heard of strait w/w i dont think id run that. I think some guys run straight water and w/w because some tracks dont allow you to use coolant because if you had a spill its tougher to clean up than just hosing down some water.
I can't think of any reason to run straight water wetter. WW with plain water for the track is fairly common (another reason I like the simplicity of my air/oil cooled bike). If it lowers your water temps with a 50/50 antifreeze mix, it would be worth doing too.

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
i run both the purple ice and the water wetter, i believe modified mag did some test results on a spec miate to see what it did and if it helped and from what i remember with the water wetter in there was a 20* decrease in coolant temp

i use it all the time, mostly as stated before the tracks i go to about 1/2 dont aloow antifreeze to be in the system

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts

thats all you need, and it keeps your cooling system squeaky clean! i heard this from bone, tried it myself. Never going back. i ususally run 3 drops plus a couple splashes of anti-freeze just so it lowers the freezing point of the water for cold days and waterpump lubrication. Works great and with only a few drops you dont get any foaming or corrosion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts