Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!!I want to buy on adapter for my water temp sensor like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-TEMP-SENSOR-HOSE-ADAPTOR-SIZES-FROM-28mm-TO-40mm_W0QQitemZ370116757192QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item370116757192&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

but they have different sizes???Which one i have to get for mine!!!i have a d16y8!!!

Is there any other way to hook up my sensor without using an adapter like that one???

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Tap into the neck of the pipe headed into the head from the top of the radiator. Pull out the bleeder screw and tap that ass!

·
Registered
95 Cx Hatchback
820 Posts
Tuner toys also makes an adapter piece that bolts to the head.
They are on ebay sometimes.
Might have to search hard for it.

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
I got the tuner toys adapter for my car. Really great quality stuff. People say its pricey for 40 bucks. If you wana do the same thing for cheap if your car has a bleeder screw for the cooling system right off the adapter for the upper hose off of the head ive seen plenty of people make there own adapter off of that. Just take the adapters you get with any temp gauge kit and make something work. I think theres some write ups on this somewhere..

tuner toys adapter: http://www.tunertoys.com/TunerToys_Water_Port_Adapter_D16_Honda_Engines_p/wpad.htm

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
i missed it was a y8 in his op. thats why i just went with the adapter. You could get something like what you posted. it would be cheaper. I just like how nice the tuner toys adapter is.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
not to thread jack... but the fan switch relay location.. i no longer use that relay. as i have my fan wired differently.. could i tap into that to get an accurate reading on my temp gauge?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i buy one like that on the link which size do i have to get???They have sizes frpm 28mm to 40mm???Which one will work on my d16?

·
Registered
93 Civic, 94 Del Sol
115 Posts
not to thread jack... but the fan switch relay location.. i no longer use that relay. as i have my fan wired differently.. could i tap into that to get an accurate reading on my temp gauge?
the sensor next to the thermostat, only get water when the thermostat is open
if it fails to open ur not going to se the temp in the gouge correctly

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nevermind!!!I bought an adapter like the one on the link!!!I got a 30mm one!!!Hope it fits...

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think the 30mm you ordered will fit. I think the one on my car is a 30 or 32mm, I can't remember.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts