Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 EX coupe
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time to change the t-belt and water pump, and as I am planning to turbocharge my car soon, I am looking for a little cooling system security. Does any company make a higher volume or electric water pump for d motors. I already have an aluminum radiator and flex a lite fan, but just want the extra layer of protection. I seem to recall Eagle making an electric pump, but can't seem to find anything about it.

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
just buy an oem honda waterpump and call it a day =) and timing belt.
x's 2.I'm sure I read somewhere that having a more powerful waterpump defeats the purpose.Something about the water moving too quick and therefore having a lesser cooling effect.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
just buy an oem honda waterpump and call it a day =) and timing belt.
x128396864^23896

you dont want to worry about an aftermarket waterpump failing!!! oem honda waterpumps are PROVEN!!!!

WHY DO YOU THINK HONDAS LAST SO LONG?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That little electric water pump looks like it might be better used for creating a two-staged intercooler setup, as opposed to using it in conjunction with the engine water pump. I would leave it stock, i am sure alot of people here have the stock one setup, and experience little to no problems with their F/I system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts